Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enable you to make important credit judgments with confidence.
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever-changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.Department Overview
Fitch's Internal Audit function was established to provide an effective third line of defence for Fitch's operations. The team is responsible for conducting audits and controls assurance in all operational areas across the Fitch Group.Role Overview
The Associate Director will conduct independent and objective assurance testing over Fitch's internal control environment, working as part of the Internal Audit team. This role requires an individual who can take an operational role in delivering audit engagements to Fitch Internal Audit's standards.Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
Qualifications And Experience
- Planning and delivering risk based audit engagements
- Discussing findings of audit reviews with management
- Reporting the results of audits including management responses and proposed action plans
- Performing follow-up work to validate management actions are completed
- Ongoing stakeholder management
- Conducting ad hoc investigations and reviews as required
- Contributing to the Internal Audit department's progress and growth
- Proven audit experience
- Membership of/certification by recognized industry bodies e.g. ICAEW, IIA
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Financial Services experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience of auditing software and GRC applications
- Professional manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good influencing and negotiating skills
- Strong attention to detail and record-keeping
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to prioritize competing needs and meet established deadlines
- Ability to use own initiative.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interest or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.