This is a unique opportunity for a Full Stack software engineer to join one of the UK's fastest-growing FinTech businesses. We're looking for someone with plenty of experience building TDD, clean, maintainable code who is comfortable working across the full platform stack of PHP Symfony, ReactJs, GoLang, Docker, AWS as required.
What we do
VouchedFor is the UK's largest rating and review site for financial and legal advisers. But there's more to do... we are on a mission to give everyone access to the best possible advice for them. It's an ambitious and important goal that requires standout products that are engaging, scalable and honest.About The Team
All the VouchedFor teams are small, empowered and autonomous. Our development teams consists of up to 4 developers and a product owner, and we'll often involve a specialist from other teams where needed to get the mission done.
The current stack consists of several LAMP APIs developed in PHP Symfony and some GoLang micro-services supporting multiple React front-ends. We use CI/CD for build and deployment, and release code to the production site several times a day.
Our frontends are built in ReactJS, with PHP backends, and GoLang micro-services where speed is essential. Our Docker/AWS infrastructure makes it easier than ever to build new applications and deploy them rapidly.About YouRequirements
Bonus Points for
- You are proud of the code you produce; it's obvious, concise and rarely needs to be commented. You always like to leave the code better than you found it, and are experienced with refactoring techniques, in fact it's how you code every day.
- You see writing tests as an integral part of the development process and understand the benefit of writing code and tests in small increments.
- You understand the value of good testing, especially TDD.
- The code you build is modular and object orientated.
- You have good experience of single page application technology and frameworks.
- You love shipping code and seeing how it performs in production and therefore are passionate about delivery pipelines, A/B testing, real-time analytics and monitoring and logging tools.
- You enjoy coding in different languages and frameworks, and prefer being Full Stack than focussing on one language.
- You are driven, ambitious and eager to help grow the business.
- Working in cross-functional teams practising Kanban techniques including pair programming.
- Thorough understanding of DevOps technologies (AWS, Docker, Jenkins).
- Experience with building deployment pipelines and continuous delivery on cloud platforms (we use AWS, Docker, Jenkins).
We are in the rare position of being a profitable, well-funded business but with a start-up culture. This gives us options whilst keeping us agile and ensuring that everybody's contribution matters and is celebrated. We do set ourselves ambitious goals and are proud of our ability to deliver those through smart working.
In addition, we offer
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days holiday.
- Career progression opportunities (some of our most senior people started as interns!).
- Stock options in one of the UK's fastest growing financial technology companies.
- Free financial coaching through Hatch (worth £249).
- An exceptionally talented and friendly team. Our employees are our greatest asset.
A note on location
We are flexible! Should your application be successful we are happy to discuss office-based working in our leafy Teddington location in south west London, remote working, or a combination of the two.
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. VouchedFor is an equal opportunities employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class. Everyone is welcome and in this together.