We're a rapidly growing UK health business and are looking for an experienced and proactive Field Operations Manager to join our motivated young team.
The last two years have been about building a platform for growth. With more people working from home, ever growing Green credentials and an engaging marketing strategy, VP smashed our 2020 targets. Record investment has been put forward for 2021 and we are targeting 100% growth for the 2nd year in a row.
It's time to tell the world about us, and the impact we can have on our customers, society and the planet. It's time to utilise the strength of the Virgin brand and our incredible network to establish the business as a key member of the Virgin Family. Job Description
The Field Services Operation at VP consists of an in-house team of 8 Field Service Engineers, which will increase to 11 this year. In addition, you will also account manage a 3PL that provide a similar number of Engineers. There will be approximately 25,000 customer appointments in 2021. The core responsibilities are to engage, motivate and develop your teams to help deliver record growth and build an even better service. You will have at least 3 years experience of managing a team, a proven track record of delivering against targets and creating and leading a change program. With your knowledge of what good looks like, you will transform us from a hardworking small business to a slick SME with high quality, safe, cost effective, repeatable experiences fitting of the Virgin brand. Away from the field, you're able to gather and interpret data to help make decisions, build action plans and target areas for improvement. You can also create timely and engaging reports that you will present to the leadership team. Key Competencies
- Lead by example, be a role model for integrity and getting the job done.
- Day-to-day management of in-house team of field service engineers.
- Apraissals, 121s, gather feedback and provide coaching.
- Raise performance and capability in the team.
- Foster a culture of Refusing to Fail our customers.
- Build on/enhance existing safety protocols to ensure no customers or colleagues are at risk.
- Instill solid processes for vehicle/driving safety.
- Driving best practice for installations, break fix and repair.
- Drive down return to jobs and drive down meantime betweeen failure
- Work on a plan for recovery when issues arise, which could include speaking with a customer.
- Design an in-home customer experience fitting of Virgin brand.
- Train and fully embed across all teams.
- Build strong working relationship with 3PL.
- Work closely to challenge and develop the standards to be consistent with in-house team
Data Analysis / Reporting
- Gather and interrogate data to identify trends create action plans to drive efficiency.
- Maintain a robust oversight of part usage.
Completely weekly and monthly reporting and present to leadership team.
- Create step-by-step SOPs for all job types.
- Look for development opportunities to save time / improve quality.
- Carry out in-person assessments.
- Promote and support effective team working through good communication and team meetings.