Are you an experienced embedded software developer who has the desire to join a very well funded start-up? This is a business backed by professionals who have been knighted (they don't make you refer to them as Sir....) for their services within technology. They've carefully selected Leeds as their HQ and are looking to hire their most senior Software developer to date who will report into the CTO and CEO.
Package - £50-80k + shares and benefits (considering a wide variety of levels from Senior to "Head of" level with the proviso this is a hands on software dev role).
The successful Senior Software Developer will:
- Lead embedded software development using C++ amongst other languages
- Shape the development of innovative electronic technology
- Review and improve existing practices
- Provide advice and mentoring to a team of junior developers
- Liaise internally with colleagues in other departments to ensure consistency and best practice
- Customer liaison from time to time
The successful Senior Software Developer will have the following experience:
- Bachelors/Masters in a relevant engineering discipline such as Computer Science or Software Development with 5 years plus of industrial experience.
- Must have experience of architecting software from initial specifications, and then taking through to product.
- Expert knowledge of Object oriented architectural system development and implementation preferably using C and/or C++.
- Good knowledge and experience of clean coding and code refactoring.
- Experience of embedded systems and Real Time Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of Test Harnesses and Systems development would be advantageous.
- Experience using source and version control tools (e.g., SVN) on a day-to-day basis.
- Good understanding of DSP techniques preferable but not essential.
All candidates will get a response from RPS within 48 hours of your application. The process involves a video interview with RPS followed by a technical interview with the CTO likely to be over Zoom and the start can be remote.
Post lockdown flexible working is still going to be available with 2 home working days per week being acceptable.