About the role
Launchworks & Co is looking for a highly motivated, self-starter to join its team of experts. You will work with Launchworks & Co founders and experts to deliver groundbreaking platform strategy projects. You can expect to get involved with a wide variety of projects involving some of the best-known brands in the world and work on strategic topics including business model innovation, platform design, launch and scaling. You will have the opportunity to work directly with Laure Claire and Benoit Reillier, the founders of the business, as well as with senior experts, leaders and decision makers in top scale-ups and high-profile organisations globally. You will also contribute to thought leadership and marketing initiatives. This role provides the right candidate with a unique opportunity to develop a high value digital/platform strategy skillset, interact with senior digital leaders globally as well as contribute and shape the strategic development of Launchworks & Co and its clients. The role comes with an attractive remuneration package with truly uncapped promotion potential.
While the role is based in central London, Launchworks & Co operates a flexible remote working model. We expect office get-togethers in London to resume sometime in 2021 with flexible remote working to remain an option. Once business travel resumes, you can also expect occasional client trips for a few days, mainly within Europe.Key Responsibilities
- Support the Co-Founders and Senior Experts in designing, launching and scaling digital platforms for high-growth scale-ups and corporates
- Support the Co-Founders and Senior Experts in carrying out business analysis and research, in the areas of digital platforms, business model innovation, and the impact of new technologies such as blockchain, AI and quantum computing on new organisational forms & their economics
- Operational support, including maintenance of CRM (Hubspot), assistance with Launchworks & Co's thought leadership and content development process
- Support for social media and marketing campaigns
- Support in organising events and conferences
- Generally supporting the development of the company and its community of experts
After a short period of time, typically 3 to 6 months, you will be expected to independently contribute to engagements with the help of other experts when required. The progression path is towards leading engagements, and eventually building your own practice within the business. The role will provide candidates with uniquely valuable strategy skills applied to digital platforms and ecosystems.About you
- 1-2+ years' experience, ideally working for a digital platform business
- Self-starter attitude with the capacity to learn fast and lead projects to completion
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bilingual French/English (other languages and cultural experiences an advantage)
- Strong verbal and writing skills (both in English and French)
- Intellectual curiosity with a strong personal commitment to skills development
- Aptitude in creative problem solving and strategy formulation
- A strong interest in business and technology in general and innovative platforms and ecosystems in particular
- Detail-oriented with strong work ethic and high professional standards
- Desire to be a key team player, actively contributing to meetings and conversations
- Ability to liaise and develop cooperative relationships with key stakeholders (other experts, clients, partners, providers...)
- Generally tech savvy with good command of Microsoft Office suite of productivity tools (word, ppt, excel) and ideally Hubspot
- Advanced degree from a leading institution (while not mandatory most candidates are expected to hold MSc, MAs or PhDs, in business and/or scientific subjects, from recognised international institutions)
- While a range of profiles may be relevant, the role may suit competition economists interested in leveraging their understanding of multisided markets in a strategy context.
At the heart of Launchworks & Co is a small team of experienced entrepreneurial platform experts drawing on their wide knowledge and networks built through experience as senior executives, advisers and investors. We've all worked for some of the most successful platforms in the world, which give us a unique insight into what it takes to succeed in the digital world.
You will work directly with Laure Claire & Benoit Reillier, the founders of the business, and alongside our team of experienced digital platform experts.Our culture
Our culture is meritocratic, collaborative and inclusive. We have a strong work ethos and go the extra mile when needed, but we also know how to have fun. We are looking for genuine team players, who are truly committed to developing new insights and best management practices in the emerging world of platforms and ecosystems. We believe that integrity and competence are at the heart of the trusted relationships that we thrive to develop between ourselves and with our clients.