Encompass is the creator of Know Your Customer (KYC) automation software, utilizing robotic search to discover everything a KYC policy demands.
With offices in Sydney, Glasgow, London, Singapore and Belgrade we are a rapidly growing international company. We are fortunate to have some of the industry's leading professionals amongst us and a group of bright and committed teammates.
We use a modern tech stack, which is mainly composed of Java 8/11, ES9, AngularJs, React, Spring Framework/Boot, Micro-services, MongoDB, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ecosystem, Auth0, ActiveMQ and Tomcat8.
We are looking for a Software Architect to join the engineering team in our Glasgow office. The Software Architect will work to facilitate the Digital Transformation Roadmap and Architectural Runway.
This role plays a key part in the next phase of the Encompass journey, championing quality, continually improve team processes and participate in our philosophy of continuous improvement.Responsibilities And Duties
- Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and exploration of solution alternatives
- Establish critical NFRs for the solution and participate in the definition of others
- Re-architect existing components to address growth/performance/scalability challenges, including migration and change management
- Maintain up-to-date architecture documentation and flows as it relates to components, data, and their interdependencies.
- Experience of system decomposition and migrating solution components to a new architecture
- Design of a near-real/time decision platform based on data and event streaming along with big data set processing methodologies
- As part of the team, oversee the evaluation and selection of 3rd party software packages and other services (including SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS)
- Ensure the balance between implemented solutions, value, and ROI based on appropriate technology selection
- Foster Systems Thinking within Architecture and Engineering, acting as a thought leader for the business
- Contribute to the Encompass engineering community - providing technical leadership, coaching and mentoring the team, promoting knowledge sharing and adoption of good practice
- Ability to Write, test and analyse software code, particularly Java, but also Groovy, and Python.
- Align with the engineering strategy and vision
- Clearly articulate and document technical vision and roadmap
- Be able to create articulate vision throughout the business, clearly presenting the case for change, the current state, the vision, and the milestones from current to vision.
- Help define the Target Systems Architecture to align the engineering and business strategies
We offer a rewarding and challenging place to work, a transparent and collaborative culture and as we grow as a business our benefits package will grow with us. Below are some of what we currently offer
- Staff pension plan
- Company wide bonus
- Participation in our share options scheme
- Adult approach to flexible working/remote working (post Covid)
- Full access to Udemy for online training
- Allocated L&D budget for employees
- Paid Volunteering Leave programme