FMCG Operations Manager - Innovative Vegan Food!Negotiable salary, share options, unlimited holidays etc!BrightonWant to work for an eco-focused company where you can make a huge impact every day?
We are looking for an innovative, mission-driven FMCG Operations Manager to join our fast growing company as we expand into retail. The position will be based in Brighton.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, aspirational person with prior FMCG/Food Operations experience (ideally vegan but that's not essential) within a manufacturing (Factory) environment to join us at an exciting time in our development.
Purezza aims to bring plant-based ethical innovation to Italian eating, through a unique, yet healthy menu, including sourdough pizza, vegan cheese, plant based desserts and beyond. The Purezza experience is about far more than great food.
We aim to create a relaxed, friendly and fun environment full of people who are passionate and knowledgeable about what we do. Yet we're not a company to sit back and relax. Product development is our heartbeat and we work closely with our restaurants to develop products that combine specific requirements and imaginative flair.
You don't have to have a plant-based lifestyle (although that would help!) but you'll understand and appreciate our mission, and be sensitive to different backgrounds and life choices.
It's essential that you'll be happy to travel between Newhaven and Brighton regularly.As our Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
Who You'll Be
- Recruiting and training additional members to the Production and Sales teams
- Building training and development plans for the team
- Holding regular appraisals and job chats
- Creating Forecasts for growth
- Pursuing avenues for growth e.g with external manufacturers
- Acquiring new factory machinery to assist production
- Reporting weekly and monthly on KPIs
- Negotiating pricing with our suppliers and logistics partners
- Sourcing new innovative packaging
- Closely collaborating with our marketing team in regarding promotion, packaging and online web orders
- Negotiating new and existing contracts with supermarkets and independent retailers
- Creating an invoicing process both internally and externally
- Gaining SALSA and BRC accreditations
- Internal audits
- Putting quality control procedures in place and maintaining
- Ensuring food hygiene practices are followed
- Ensuring health and safety practices are followed
As well as your food-related experience within manufacturing, and your innovative mindset... You will be:
What You'll Get From Us:
- Knowledgeable about Vegan food and technical production
- Able to understand and overcome the challenges that arise when working with larger retail chains
- Super-organised with strong attention to detail
- Proactive, resilient and thorough. You'll be able to suggest and streamline to help us to scale and grow our product lines.
- An inclusive people manager, able to develop, train, motivate and lead your team
- Reliable, committed, flexible and passionate to help Purezza grow
- Able to stay calm whilst overcoming production issues
- Committed to cleanliness and ethical food production values, food and hygiene safety practices.
- A natural problem solver.
- Competent, keeping high levels of consistency
- Excellent at timekeeping and rota management
- Willing to travel to London on occasion and happy to travel to Brighton daily.
- Progression within a fast growing and exciting brand
- Excellent rates of pay
- Unlimited holiday!
- Flexible Working Hours
- Share Options
- Free Parking / Discounted travel
- Regular training and development program
- Company pension scheme
- Company discount scheme
- Regular social events - And much more!
We look forward to hearing from you!