We are looking for a Head of Technology to join a Machine Learning consultancy. The right candidate will have a strong technical background and experience in a leadership role.
You will be an integral part of their cross functional, Agile technical team, working closely alongside their CTO to help support the technical department. The Head of Tech will champion high technical standards, provide technical advice and input to delivery teams on various projects, and be a mentor to senior developers and managers.
NodeJS, React and Angular is the core tech stack - however, they also use Python for Machine Learning and Data scraping (where it makes sense) whilst the development team is made up of a variety of backgrounds that include; Node, Java, .NET.
What you'll do
- With support from the CTO, be responsible for their portfolio of projects and continue to establish best practices and a standardised way of working, embracing both invention and optimisation within the teams.
- Spot opportunities to extend our portfolio of business and technical assets, from reusable software modules through to repeatable business practices that improve efﬁciency.
- Work directly with end users on deliverables and inputting from a technical perspective on new and existing projects.
What you'll need
- Hands on experience as a senior or lead developer, a strong background in software development with some management or leadership experience.
- A demonstrated track record of steadily increasing scope of responsibilities in software development, architecture, and solution development/deployment.
- Experience building end-to-end systems, prototypes and professional large scale software solutions.
- Have a broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product (MVP).
- Passionate about technology, product, user experience and building high quality solutions.
- An understanding that our work reaches beyond tech. You have the ability to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team of project managers, consultants, designers and developers.
If interested please attach an up to date CV and we'll get in touch with you.