Marketing & Communications - Ventures & Acquisitions SupportClient Location:
up to £62 000/annum PAYE pro-rataHours:
6 monthsJob Description:
My client is a Global Consultancy. Position Summary
We are looking for an excellent marketing program manager with solid writing, project management, and stakeholder management skills who can effectively influence and collaborate across the consultancy to manage the Marketing & Communications (M+C) workstreams around Ventures & Acquisitions (V&As).
The ideal candidate must not only quickly understand and analyse complex information and communicate to support these deals, but also be inspired by working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while remaining calm under pressure and collaborating effectively across multiple global teams. This role will work on a number of V&A deals simultaneously and manage and drive different teams of M&C professionals who come together to support each deal. It is important to note that this role requires flexibility to work outside of normal business hours, especially around the crunch phase of deals such as launch day and pre-scheduled global meetings.Position Responsibilities:
Support marketing activities around acquisitions from the due diligence (DD) phase to the announcement (typically four to six weeks), prior to handing over to another team member to manage the post-merger integration (PMI) phase (maybe up to two years). Sometimes this role will serve as the M+C workstream lead and sometimes this role will serve in a secondary support role while another team leads the workstream. Typical responsibilities as M+C Workstream Lead include:
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders across the business and with stakeholders in our acquisition targets.
- Create and manage integrated V&A Comms M+C project plan, overall marketing & comms plan, including Launch Day plan, and associated deliverables.
- Proactively track and update marketing activities against the project plan, ensuring tasks are delivered on time and in line with requirements.
- Lead the Due Diligence (DD) M+C workstream, including attending regular DD calls, and preparing and presenting M+C updates including M+C risk factors.
- Work with the V&A Brand Management team to evaluate and produce a recommended brand strategy and transition timing for each deal and provide strategic direction on the branding of acquisition, using agreed branding approach, to Deal Leadership.
- Complete DD assessments and then present M+C DD findings, risks, and recommendations.
- Set up weekly M+C acquisition touchpoints and agenda, and follow-up by capturing and sharing agreed actions and outcomes.
- Develop Message House/Core Messaging in collaboration with appropriate M+C colleagues to review and approve with Deal Leadership.
- Work with other M+C and relevant V&A workstream leads, including media lead, social lead, people comms lead, brand environments lead, HR talent integration lead, etc. to develop integrated marketing strategy and plan, including associated marketing activities, channels, and deliverables, maximising all relevant opportunities.
- Manage drafting, development, and execution of a core set of communications deliverables and assets around the deal announcement based on agreed core messages, collaborating across the entire Company and appropriate marketing teams. Internal and external audiences include Accenture employees, executives, Client Account Leads, clients, media, analysts, and influencers, as well as Target company employees, executives, and clients.
- Engage, brief, and manage the preferred agency to create a suite of launch assets, if applicable.
- Build M+C post-merger integration (PMI) budget request in prep for moving into Phase 2.
- Manage Launch Day marketing + comms plan and agenda including review and execution of all comms materials and assets across the full suite of digital and physical channels.
Qualifications & Skills
- General marketing and communications experience.
- Solid project management skills required.
- Strong stakeholder management skills required.
- Previous M&A/V&A experience is strongly desired.
- Experience working on a global team across multiple time zones is desired.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years' experience in marketing and communications, preferably with some experience in the technology sector; experience in applying marketing concepts; branding and message development skills.
- It is important to note that this role requires flexibility to work outside of normal business hours, especially around the crunch phase of deals such as launch day and pre-scheduled global meetings.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. The ability to present and communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at all levels to multiple audiences including our employees, leadership, and acquired company employees.
- Strong organisation, program, and time management and skills, with a demonstrated ability to meet milestones, tight deadlines, and communicate status on concurrent projects.
- Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation, conflict management, and executive stakeholder management skills.
- Willingness to participate in virtual meetings outside of regular business hours to accommodate other time zones.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Enjoy working on multiple projects at the same time, and able to prioritize workload and activities.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to digest complex information.
- Sensitivity to the cultural variances across different countries.