Product Design Consultant - Electric Arc Furnace (1x) & Scrap Shedding Plant (1x) (6/9 Months contract)At Tata Technologies we make product development dreams a reality by designing, engineering and validating the products of tomorrow for the world's leading manufacturers. We now require 2 Product Design Consultants based in UK (or Europe) to provide consultancy to India Team in relation to Steel making facility product development.Job Description
- Should have knowledge of Product design, material selection, various manufacturing process and system integration.
- (For Scrap Shedding Plant role) Must be capable of laying out a Scrap Shredding Plant of 750TPD with all its auxiliary systems like handling of incoming scrap, sorting, separating ferrous and non-ferrous materials, magnetic and non-magnetic materials, shredding machine etc. Basic design of scrap shredder for an output of 750T to 800T per day.
- (For Arc Furnace role)
- Should have knowledge of Electric Arc Furnace & its aggregates like Shell, Gantry, Roof Lifting Mechanism, Electrode clamping system, Tilting Platform.
- Must be capable of laying out an Electric Arc Furnace with all its auxiliaries like charging of scrap, handling of liquid steel. carbon injection, dust and gas handling system, Furnace Gantry design, EOT crane capacity. Hydraulic system requirement, quality check laboratory etc.
- Basic design of Electric Arc Furnace for an output of 80T to 130T per heat.
- Must be able to design based on broad input parameters supplied by clients
- Design must include structural, mechanical and electrical requirements for detailing from people down the line.
- Should be capable to lead a group of design personnel to get the design output like 3D models, 2D drawings and technical specifications.
- Must be capable of technical supervision during erection and commissioning of the Scrap Shredder Plant.
- Understanding the client requirements and ensure on time delivery to these requirements
- Should have sound engineering background and able to perform design calculations
- Proficient and hands on experience in CAD in concept 3D modelling will be added advantage.
- Requires good drawing reading skills and knowledge on interpretation & application GD&T for manufacturing application
- Proficient in drawing checking and should be able to handle large assemblies related to Heavy Engineering.
- Maintaining the records for customer drawings and standards to meet the compliance
Preferred candidates would be from industries like Steel, Steel Plant equipment, Heavy machinery (Automotive not Preferred)Skills Required:
Tata Technologies: Make it real. Make it Better™.
- Effective communication skills
- Good Team Leader
- Strategy development & deployment
- Developing positive customer relations
- Execution Excellence, Drive for Results, Customer Centricity
- Continuous improvement methodologies
- Decision Making, Teamwork & Collaboration
Tata Technologies would like to thank all applicants for their interest, each application will be reviewed against the set criteria for the role. We would like to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 10 working days following the closing date it will mean that unfortunately your application has not been successful. We will however retain your details for any suitable future opportunities.