Who We Are
Velocity are a Navisite company and we are a leading provider of cloud-enabled enterprise hosting application management services. It provides customised and scalable solutions, leveraging its industry-leading hosting infrastructure; full suite of managed services; and custom and packaged application life cycle management expertise. More than 1,500 customers depend on Navisite for customised solutions delivered through its global footprint, comprised of state-of-the-art data centres supported by approximately 650 professionals. For more information, please visit www.navisite.co.uk
Navisite prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions across a wide range of industries. The key to our success is largely dependent on the stellar ability of our programme management team. We're currently searching for an experienced programme manager to join our ranks and continue our tradition of success. The ideal candidate will have a sharp business mind and a proven ability to strategize and implement high-level programme initiatives. As a natural born leader, you will have a strong talent for project coordination and delegation. Ultimately, you are motivated by the desire to optimize productivity and nurture programme success from inception to completion.Benefits:
We offer a generous compensation package including competitive benefits What You Will Do as an Azure Architect:
As a member of the Navisite Professional Services staff the Azure Architect leads the technical architecture, design and delivery aspects of Navisite's growing Professional Services team in the UK. This is a hands-on technical role that is responsible for the technical aspects of cloud, data replication, IT infrastructure and data migrations. Responsible for working with a wide range of technologies and platforms and migrating them to a managed cloud service or providing the initial setup and configuration of cloud deployments. Will also work closely with Sales and Solution Architects to scope and plan projects. Provide technical leadership to other members of the team and provide smooth handover to operations teams after successful project execution.
Responsibilities & Experience
· Engage in the design of complex Public Cloud based solutions primarily on Azure Design Azure basedprojects such as migrations, proof of concepts, assessment, and conduct well architected reviews.
· Be the face of Navisite with your customers - an over the top communicator (on the phone and video calls) and analytical thinker to guide client decision making during a project, interact successfully with vendors and other IT personnel, and ensure Navisite is always moving the ball forward
· Able to investigate/determine Business Requirements.
· Able to map business requirements in to technical requirements and Non Functional Requirements. Create technical designs - showing the lineage of requirements through the process.
· Based on the business requirements and non-functional requirements define suitable DR/BC approaches for the complete solutions.
· Able to define testing approaches that show a well architected design that fits all requirements for each system.
· Ownership of all inventory/catalog artefacts for all designed systems.
· Ownership of the specific architecture area/function that fulfills the assignment.
· Be an Azure platform expert in the "core" infrastructure areas (VM, Storage, Network, etc.)
· Maintain expertise in a subset of Navisites's strategic Azure services (Scale Sets, SQL DB, App Services, DevOps, Containers, ASR, WVD etc.) with an understanding of how these may map to other cloud providers.
· Act a subject matter expert and assist with solution design and scoping for the sales team as needed
· Be a consultant and leverage your brain at every step of the engagement to deliver the best solution possible for the customer
· Own your projects, own your decisions, and take pride in doing the best job you can
· Occasionally contribute to Navisite's marketing outreach efforts in the form of blog posts, webinars, in-person events, etc.
· Work independently and as part of a team
· Never stop learning, and push outside your comfort zone
- 10+ years of IT infrastructure experience overall
- 5+ years working as a Technical and/or Solutions Architect.
- 5+ years working with the Microsoft software stacks -with a preference their use in running business applications.
- 3+ years of experience in technology consulting, enterprise, and solutions architecture (preferably in AWS/Azure)
· Azure knowledge from successful projects
· Good knowledge of cloud based replication technologies including Azure Site Recovery
· Knowledge of Azure platform services
· Azure migration experience including ASR
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements, and architecture conversations with all stakeholders
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a project team
- An infectious, positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to manage your time and keep things from falling through the cracks even with multiple, simultaneous projects going on
Nice to have
· DevOps "toolkit" and attitude
· Automated deployment mindset with Terraform/ARM/Cloudformation knowledge - this may be a must
· Knowledge of container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, AKS)
· AD / Azure AD knowledge
· Database knowledge (SQL Server / Azure SQL DB, MySQL)
· Knowledge of configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
· Networking know-how
· Knowledge of container services
· Developer background
· Consulting or professional services experience
· Azure Solution Architect Expert or similar certificationsEducation:
· Bachelor's degree
· Microsoft Certified Solution Associate: Cloud Platform (MCSA)
· VMware Certified Associate (VCA)
· AWS Certifications Related Work Experience Number of Years
Technical project experience in IT infrastructure and cloud 5-8
· Delivery of project services for cloud platforms & IT systems for Azure, VMWare based clouds and/or hybrid
· Experience setting up, configuring and migration to public cloud, including the use of migration tools such as Azure Site Recovery, Azure Migrate, Azure Deployment Planner and Carbonite Move
· Delivery of projects or management of disaster recovery services with tools such as Veeam or Zerto
· Demonstrated successful experience with technical presales activities including contributing to the technical solution development
· Experience with operating systems administration and migration with a deep experience with either Windows or Linux
· Technical application administration or migration experience a plus
· Experience with DevOps / infrastructure automation a plus
· Prior experience in professional services or consulting services a plus
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to clearly communicate with clients, product constituents and managementWORKING CONDITIONS
Navisite is an equal opportunity employer