What we do
MSS is an industry leader in providing technology led financial services for the UK property market, efficiently connecting consumers, lenders and intermediaries.
The two main businesses that comprise MSS are SDL Surveying - which offers national coverage for a range of surveying and panel management services - and Stonebridge - one of the largest independent mortgage and protection networks in the UK.Overview
Due to ongoing business growth we have a great opportunity for a Software Developer. You will have a strong understanding of SQL, C#, ASP.Net and Entity Framework (LINQ) programming and development. You will be focused on the core future development and re-engineering of our in-house systems, as well as continuously improving aspects of our core software solutions. You will be creative and thrive on the resolution of problems with excellent time management skills and enthusiasm to provide up to date and scalable solutions.What you'll do
Who we're looking for?
- Advance the development of the brand-new in-house software solutions
- Build efficient, reusable, reliable code
- Create high quality solutions
- Work with the wider IT team to discuss and implement solutions
- Follow best coding practice
- Provide guidance to Junior team members
- Produce and maintain technical documentation
- Version Control
And, ideally, but not vitally:
- 2+ years software development experience
- Experience using Visual Studio
- C# and SQL development
- Entity Framework (LINQ)
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail are essential and you must be confident in working on projects from scratch
- Great attention to detail, a positive & an enthusiastic approach
- Excellent problem solving & trouble shooting skills
- A flexible approach to ever-evolving business priorities
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- REST Web Services
- Azure Dev Ops
If you require any reasonable adjustments for any part of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know within your covering letter.
Individuals with different cultures, perspectives and experiences are at the heart of the way SDL Surveying & Stonebridge works. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships, and ex-offenders.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00-£37,000.00 per year