As a member of the Stations Operations and Maintenance Team, you will chip in towards delivering on the day-to-day maintenance and operational requirements to improve the safe, reliable and commercial performance of the power station. Utilizing your background knowledge and experience in the field of Mechanical Engineering, specifically in rotating plant (Industrial Gas turbines, Steam turbines, Generators and large rotating pumps/motors) Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSG), Cooling water systems, Power transmission systems and other Auxiliary plant and systems common in heavy industry, your duties and responsibilities will include routine PPM, fault diagnosis and breakdown recovery.
The field Engineering team will provide direction and support as appropriate. You are required to optimally collaborate with Engineering & Outage teams, supporting plant shutdowns and recommissioning.
This post offers the opportunity to work flexibly in a site team environment and experience a wide range of maintenance and operations responsibilities to the delivery of the continuous improvement agenda and to improve the flexibility and potential of the Station within the HC&G UK portfolio. You will be encouraged to perform both maintenance and operational duties as required. This may require the need to work as part of a rotational or stagger shift pattern as the business needs change. Key Responsibilities:
Note: All candidates applying for this role must be eligible to work and live in UK without any restrictions.
- Health, Safety and Environmental compliance
- Meet both legislative and corporate requirements & standards ensuring effective safety and operational practices are adopted.
- Support the wider business targets, and initiatives relating to health, safety, wellbeing and environment.
- Providing technical & maintenance support for normal plant operations; breakdown & defects management. Prioritizing engineering decisions and available resources
- Implementing effective maintenance strategies; carrying out routine maintenance, core skill first line fault diagnosis and problem solving to ensure that the plant is maintained to appropriate standards.
- Specify and procure spare parts in accordance with company policies, procedures and budget requirements.
- Management of outage work packages to ensure safe completion to the required quality and timescale
- Flexible working
- Provide subject area support for plant breakdown and outage works inclusive of appropriate out of hours and weekend working to meet the needs of the business
- Implementing RWE & OEM plant maintenance strategies.
- Ensuring all of the preventative maintenance work is carried out within the required timescales.
- Identification and monitoring of plant issues that could affect plant availability and reliability. Suggesting & promoting modifications and continuous improvements.
- Engaging with Contract staff, E&O and specialist support teams.
- DCE responsibilities - Involvement in the execution of maintenance contracts and on-site work - inclusive of craft & contractor supervision. Planning, organizing, executing and where vital supervising maintenance activities on the station.
- Plant maintenance systems optimization (e.g. PRISM). Developing the asset/plant history and status.
- Updating and maintaining engineering subject area input into PRISM the stations CMMS. Developing and maintaining maintenance documentation, records and procedures.
- Plant Operations
- Operator trained and accredited in line with station requirements to provide flexible shift operations.
- Application of safe systems of work for self and appropriate contract & craft personnel
- Safety Controller Authorization as required
- Ensure that appropriate standards are being applied and adhered to by everyone - in accordance with client's rules and procedures.