Senior Data Engineer - Inside IR35
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Engineer to work for a global insurance and reinsurance advisory to work remotely on an initial 6 month contract. You will be responsible for delivering high quality database and reporting platforms while applying modern day best practises and agile project delivery principles. You will provide data engineering coaching to the more junior members within the team to ensure the team rapidly deliver value to the business using the Azure Cloud platform.
You should act as a role model for others within the team by collaborating and promoting a can-do delivery culture whilst adhering to high standards.
- Very Strong experience with Microsoft SQL Server database design and development stack, including the BI Tools SSIS/SSAS/SSRS/PowerBI.
- Very Strong experience in Database modelling and performance tuning, for relational and non-relational databases of critical production systems for very large data repositories.
- Very Strong ETL capabilities when dealing with complex source systems and an Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Experience migrating existing on-premises platforms to the cloud and the challenges resulting from that change.
- Experience with Azure Cloud platform having developed project using the main data components in the platform, including Data Lake, Data Factory and Data Bricks.
- Experience working on an Agile and fast paced environment.
- Experience with test automation and capable of providing guidance on how to create easily testable and maintainable software
- Full Data Development Life Cycle responsibilities including writing specs, designing and implementing code, testing, and managing code deployment.
If you think you would be a good fit, please apply here. We look forward to hearing from you!