This is an opportunity for a talented Automation Engineer to join a leading global fintech specializing in trading platform technology. This is a contract opportunity outside IR35.
Working as part of a global team with specific responsibility for supporting and maintaining the trading system. Requires full understanding of the system architecture, applying/suggesting bug fixes, developing new tools for system monitoring and reporting, and working with the internal business to identify and resolve issues. The role offers end-to-end understanding of a complex online bond trading platform. They will get to know the architecture inside out.Job Responsibilities:
- The provision of extremely high levels of availability for the production, demonstration and test systems.
- Build and deploy automation tooling for supported services.
- Resolution of any problems in these systems in a timely and professional manner.
- The development of system instrumentation and monitoring tools.
- Experience supporting an existing large system to very high levels of availability, ideally of financial and especially trading systems is desirable.
- As this is a support role, ideal candidate should prefer working on an existing system as opposed to developing from scratch.
- In this role you will be very proactive and be able to understand the business needs and prioritize work accordingly.
- The team works very closely, and it is a high pressure mission critical production environment.
- Candidate in this role requires good communication skills as they will be dealing with internal customers on a regular basis.
- In this role you will be required to be flexible regarding work schedule, including occasional weekend duties.
- Four year degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 6 or more years of object oriented development experience (ideally Python)
- Relational Database experience
In addition, you should have:
- A structured, methodical approach.
- A delivery-focused attitude.
- The ability to work within a team environment - be a team-player.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Fixed income market knowledge would be a plus