We are a leading company in specialising in Heat Pumps and have an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled M&E Design Engineer to join our team to help us deliver a range of exciting projects in the domestic, commercial and industrial sectors.Main Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility of heating and cooling system design, schematics (PI&D) including plant room layouts and distribution system design.
- Preparation of building heating and cooling loads.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant standards.
- Technical support - on and off site.
- Liaise and offer design support to business partners and colleagues during installation.
- Preparation of project information to enable full integration with other systems/trades.
- Utilising tools to enable effective design of expansion vessels, heat exchangers, pipes, valves and pumps.
- Compilation of as built schematics and O&Ms, production of completion documentation including controls strategy to reflect the original design parameters.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- min 3yrs experience working with in a design department.
- Strong knowledge in the design of heating systems.
- Understanding of thermodynamics/refrigeration & heat pumps an advantage.
- Knowledge in relevant industry standards for the design of systems such as BSRIA & CIBSE.
- Use basic techniques of AutoCAD to enable efficient design of system P&I drawings.
- Experience with Revit, Hevacomp or IES an advantage.
- Experience in written technical reports.
Salary depending on experience.