We are excited to team up with IWSR as they continue to grow.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the next stage of business growth in a friendly, informal and fast-growing company. The IWSR is the leading source of data and insights for the global alcohol industry, working with the top global beverage alcohol companies. The role is based out of IWSR's London office.
We are looking for an experienced and hands-on leader in the field of data at databases to join our technology team. The role
Reporting to the CTO, this role would suit a can-do individual who enjoys the challenge of delivering data solutions across a whole range of different data sources and projects.
The business is currently going through a period of high growth and significant investment has been made to re-envision the core products and data platforms. This is an exciting time to join the team and help to shape the data management processes going forward.
We require an experienced data professional who thrives on taking the initiative and putting forward fresh ideas. It is essential that you are able to articulate technical concepts clearly which will come from having experience as a data engineer and in related fields, it is likely that you will have worked your way up through a number of disciplines.
The right attitude is key for this role, you will have a committed approach to your work, able to meet tight short term operational deadlines whilst working towards a framework that supports the longer-term business strategy. Responsibilities
You will help build and run the new data team for The IWSR and will take overall responsibility for all our databases and for the data contained within them.
You will be a very hands-on individual who is able to demonstrate experience in the skills of the data team and lead through doing rather than telling.
Working closely with the global research team you will be vital to the collection, processing and distribution of a wide range of data sets to support the company's ambitions growth plans
Helping to bring maturity and simplicity to the data infrastructure both in resolving legacy issues and designing for new requirements and types of data that will be included into our product.
Day to day your responsibilities will be :
Essential skills & experience
- Understand the company's strategic data requirements and develop an architecture which supports the business and product strategies.
- Manage a team of upto 5 staff
- Provide overall governance of all data
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Define structure, integrate, govern, store, describe, model, and maintain data in the IWSR for accuracy and usage maintaining current state
- Provide guidance and assistance where required around the most effective methods of processing, aligning and analysing different data sets.
- Optimize, design, build and support systems for operational use of data
- Understand and adhere to policies and procedures required for data governance
- Keep abreast of technology and methodology advances in data processing and BI
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Support the business with the development of our strategic studies and key projects
You should have:
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Engineer, Data Analyst and similar roles
- Experience with PostgreSQL and DynamoDB databases.
- Experience with cloud database technology especially AWS RDS.
- Excellent SQL knowledge and experience of modelling data for visualisation tools (Power BI).
- Robust operational understanding of star schemas, data warehousing and ETL
- Experience writing code in AWS Glue and Lambda.
Of benefit would be:
- A maths, statistics, or science-based qualification to degree level
- Some experience with statistical forecasting techniques and software for multi-variate regression and time series analysis.
- Understanding of web development and embedded data analytics solutions.
- Experience working within an agile product management function
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with Python