AKKA are a globally operating engineering and technology consulting group at the forefront of the digital and connected world.
AKKA's passion for technology is embedded deep in its DNA and is guided by a clear vision for the future. For 30 years, we have established ourselves as one of the global leaders in our field through a well-balanced strategy combining organic growth with targeted acquisitions.What you will need
What you will be doing
- Experience leading a team and/or project
- Good understanding of Systems Engineering process
- Full V-lifecycle development
- Requirements development
- Development of SE plans (e.g. requirements management, validation, verification).
- Verification (functional testing), using a range of customised, automated tools where appropriate
- Ideally some rail legislative and standards understanding
- Good time management skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Requirements capture & management: Capture Customer & End user needs and distil into Functional and non-functional requirements.
- System Architecture definition: from the agreed System requirements, assist in the definition of candidate System architectures. Undertake candidate trade-off studies / Decision Analysis to arrive at agreed Functional & Physical Solution Architecture
- System Design: create detailed system / subsystem designs, including buy / team / make decisions, specification of internal / external interface definitions & information flows.
- Ensure Specialty Engineering (Safety, Security, ILS) is fully integrated within the Systems Design lifecycle with emphasis on reducing whole-lifecycle costs and ensuring that a supportability solution is "engineered in"