The SD Infrastructure Engineer is a mid-level technical role within the organisation reporting to the Service Operations Manager. You will form part of a top Tier group of Engineers within the Service Delivery Support Team. Working closely with other Engineers in the Service Delivery & Platforms/Infrastructure Teams. You will be given varying levels of responsibility for the deployment and ongoing support of IT projects and managed services to our client's growing customer base primarily across London and the South. You will also be expected to act as a mentor to lower tiers and help empower them with the skills to be able to perform a wide variety of support tasks.
Good theoretical knowledge and practical experience of the following is also essential:
- Microsoft Desktop & Office Systems
- Microsoft Server and Virtualisation Technologies
- Exchange Server and associated e-mail protocols
- RDS/Terminal Server
- Active Directory, DFS, Security, GPO
- Networking knowledge regarding WAN, LAN, VLAN, VPN, WLAN, layer 2/3 switching, Firewalls & Routers
- Storage including SAN, NAS, SCSI, iSCSI and Fibre Channel
- Although not essential, the ideal candidate will have industry recognised qualifications such as MCITP.
Other essential requirements include:
- A smart, professional appearance
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A can-do attitude with strong customer services skills
- Strong mentoring skills
- A calm and patient manner whilst working under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to manage large workloads and effectively delegate when necessary
- A strong desire to overachieve and excel within the company
- The ability to work within a team as well as on own initiative
- Attention to detail
- This role may require extended or unsocial hours occasionally, but these will be kept to a minimum. There is the potential to augment the basic salary with overtime payments. The role involves some manual handling from time to time including the movement of Servers, hardware and racking of equipment.
- Candidates must have a current driving licence and access to their own vehicle.
- Due to the nature of this role, and the organisations ongoing commitment to security, successful candidates should expect to be subject to a disclosure check.