Marketing Finance ManagerResponsible to: Group Marketing Director and Head of Finance UKDepartment: MarketingLocation: Bury
This position is a key role in Marketing but also the surrounding business. As Finance Manager, your responsibilities will include overseeing end-to-end finance operations for your area of responsibility, profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow reconciliations, looking to make improvements to procedures and controls, as well as ad-hoc projects and requests. Key point of liaison with the Group Legal Department on key contracts and their commercial terms.Budgets and Forecasts:
· Prepare and retain responsibility for annual budgeting and monthly reforecasts including regular reconciliations of out of home (OOH
) advertising campaigns and point of sale (POS
) spend. [UK and Europe]
· Prepare analytics in respect of key department spend.
· Lead the continued roll out of the Coupa system for PO management, including PO approval in line with budgets and reforecasts.
· Key point of liaison for brand discussions regarding financial contributions to campaign spend.
· Prepare and post monthly accruals, prepayments and similar accounting entries.
· Variance analysis supporting daily P&L's and month end accounts.
· Support on cost reviews with budget holders.
· Liaise with Group Finance Department on monthly management accounts.
· Ensure the management accounts team adheres to marketing and group finance deadlines.Procurement:
· Point of liaison for group procurement, specifically in relation to procuring supply related to OOH and POS spend.
· Assist in the audit of suppliers to the marketing function, ensuring that rate cards and other cost control mechanisms are adhered to.
· Assist in departments workflows, managing the costs of outsourcing where applicable and providing cost analysis with respect to future headcount requirements (vis a vis outsourcing)Capex:
· Manage internal and external capex spend pertaining to the budgets.
· Liaise with other JD departments (eg property, retail, multichannel etc) in relation to the use of digital marketing mediums in bricks and mortar locationsSkills/Experience/Knowledge needed:
- CIMA / ACCA / ACA Qualified Accountant.
- Experience with working alongside and influencing multiple senior stakeholders; both financial and non-financial
- Management accounts / core finance experience essential.
- Advanced Excel skills, SQL experience not essential but an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Positive, flexible, enthusiastic and driven.