GROOVY GECKO ARE EXPANDING AND RECRUITING ACROSS THE BOARD. WE ARE ON THE CUTTING EDGE OF PROVIDING VIRTUAL EVENTS USING OUR OWN ENTERPRISE CLASS EVENTS PLATFORM.About the company
Groovy Gecko, who were established in 1999, is one of the pioneers and award-winning suppliers of live and on-demand streaming media services in the UK working with 350 clients around the world. Clients include BP, Facebook, Xbox, Nike, AKQA, GHD, Twitch, ARUP, Kaplan, O2, Scottish and UK Parliaments, Channel 4, YouTube and Warner Brothers.
Groovy Gecko is an equal opportunities employer. You must already be able to work in the UK. This position is based close to Old Street station with occasional UK, European and international travel and some unsociable hours working as is the nature of supporting international brands and live events.
Our employees live by our corporate and personal values of being fair, honest, open, professional, and reliable. We are committed to keeping our staff safe during Covid-19 and are currently are working remotely.Role Overview
An unique opportunity has arisen to join a respected 21 year old pioneering Webcasting Company as a hands-on Development Team Leader. You will be leading a small team of passionate and capable developers to deliver complex on-line video development projects across a variety of products and technologies. The platform is currently being enhanced to service growing market demand for Virtual Conferencing. Offices are in Shoreditch, London however we are all working remotely at present.
This role includes an exciting opportunity to work with the Directors to steer the strategy of our flagship product - a leading Enterprise Video Platform used by an envious and extensive client base across a myriad of industry sectors. As such, you will influence the future direction of the department and systems used across the business and appreciate that our 'can-do' attitude and flat structure will allow you to affect change quickly.
As an experienced Development Team Leader, whilst being highly technical and hands-on capable, you will oversee all development projects across predominantly PHP, Laravel, Angular and SQL Server based technologies including integrations with 3rd party providers. Managing the successful delivery of projects will require you to plan, coordinate and lead activities across the full delivery lifecycle. This will include working closely with project managers, coordinating business analysts, architects and developers, as well as liaising with key project stakeholders as required.
Currently the team consists of two senior lead developers in London and 3 developers in Macedonia. You will mould their development and increase their knowledge and training by imparting your Systems Testing and DevOps experience,
Working closely with other team leaders you will ensure the structured and coordinated planning of your team's development considering the chaotic and unique demands of a live events company's deadlines. Your technical background and experience will ensure you can offer the guidance required being able to support and assist developers at code or methodology level.
To apply for this role, in addition to having a proven management background you must also have proven technical capability and a track record in software development combined with experience in the leadership of software development teams and delivery of projects within a software development environment. The role requires a motivated individual who is experienced in taking responsibility and can independently deliver results on both departmental and business projects.Key Responsibilities
· Line management and personal development of a team of highly skilled developers.
· There is currently budget for recruiting additional talent for you to lead.
· Managing the delivery of multiple complex simultaneous system development projects from design through to release with various internal and external stakeholders.
· Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level
· Working closely with all stakeholders to produce accurate delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery
· Provide regular and effective progress updates to and work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues
· Define delivery phases of the project including activities, sub-activities, and milestones ensuring these are documented and used as the basis for the project event log, issues and risk log and any subsequent reporting
· Ensure awareness, involvement and support from the key stakeholders and participants by building strong project teams and maintaining robust communication on the project status throughout its life cycle
· Participate in reviews and meetings and provide updates on project progress
· Take responsibility for ensuring that risks and issues are identified and managed closely and drive all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards
· Work closely with relevant teams internally to ensure alignment and coordination across operations as part of the seamless implementation of existing and new systems
· Contributing to post implementation reviews helping to demonstrate success or otherwise of projects
· Supporting project resource scheduling and department capacity planning
· Contribution to the definition of departmental and systems strategies and progression of any allocated objectives
· Ownership, development, and management of allocated departmental processes
· Undertake small analysis projects in the form of consultancy
· Work on a wide range of projects involving the implementation of new and existing systems, solutions, and processes
· Take responsibility for making key decisions to ensure the successful implementation of all initiatives
· Ensure that ISO9001 and ISO27001 standards are maintained and enhanced.Candidate Profile
· Experience of people management and the ability to lead and influence others
· Experience in formal personal development planning and individual, team and process performance management
· Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Proven experience in leading and managing the delivery of complex, world-class, scalable system/software development projects
· Capable of developing long-term development and business technology strategies
· Demonstrable knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle (via Waterfall and Agile), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in both architecture and implementation-level software design
· Experience in requirements capture, analysis techniques and process improvement approaches
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Experience in the development of software using PHP and frameworks such as Laravel and Angular and SQL Server technologies
· Experience in the usage of testing methodologies
· Strong facilitation and coaching skills
· Excellent personal organisation and ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks
· Able to influence and drive projects to meet key milestones and overcome challenges
· Comfortable working without routine supervision
· A desire to remain technically capable and an expert in current technologiesSalary: £60,000 Plus + Discretionary Bonus + Phone subsidy + Activities; dependant on experience
NO AGENCIES PLEASE. AGENCY CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE TREATED AS SPAM.