The Post Office has two new roles for Compliance & Security Engineers / Data Extraction / Technical Specialists who will support various Post Office Teams with investigations by actioning requests for extraction and analysis of data from Post Offices End User Compute environment.Essential background required:
Previous operational and practical experience of extracting large volumes of data from cloud locations to local drives/Cloud locations, along with practical and demonstrable experience of working with Microsoft technologies including Azure building solutions for End User compute. Also working knowledge of Office 365, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Microsoft Teams (including sites, IM's), Exchange Online, Mimecast (Journaling and case management), Windows Server File Server, Bitlocker Encryption, Security & Compliance Centre in Office 365. Including Audit search, content search, and e-discovery Role function:
To provide training and upskilling to Post Office's Information Security Team on the operational use of Microsoft Security Suite. Undertake Build and development activities to support the delivery of End User Compute initiatives across Post Office's Microsoft suite of products and provide and share in-depth practical knowledge and experience of End User Compute Data extraction methods to support a number of Business areas across Post OfficePrincipal Accountabilities
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Work with Teams across Post Office and external organisations, including Service Management, Data Protection, Security, and Legal, to understand requirements and scope of extraction and analysis request.
- Perform data analysis and extraction on request from business areas within the boundaries of regulatory compliance.
- Work collaboratively with external organisations to ensure any extracted Data is transmitted securely and compliantly
- Adhering to Regulatory and business timescales for the production of data extracts and analysis.
- Creating training plans and conducting training to upskill Teams across IT and Compliance in best practice data extraction and presentation methods and the operational use of Microsoft Security Suite
- Work with Service Management and Architecture to develop and build solutions and services within the End User Compute Microsoft service in line with Post Office Architecture and Change management policies.
- Responsible for raising Change requests in ServiceNow
- Attendance at the Operational Change Advisory Board for nominated services
- Practical and demonstrable Skills and experience in the following technologies:
- Microsoft Azure
- Office 365
- SharePoint Online
- OneDrive for Business
- Microsoft Teams (including sites, IM's)
- Exchange Online
- Mimecast (Journaling and case management)
- Windows Server File Server
- Bitlocker Encryption
- Security & Compliance Centre in Office 365. Including Audit search, content search, and e-discovery
- Previous operational and practical experience of extracting large volumes of data from cloud locations to local drives/Cloud locations
- Practical experience of working with Encryption tools such as Bitlocker
- Practical awareness of GDPR and restrictions when extracting personal data
- Experience of working within an ITIL based organisation and a good understanding of IT Service Management Processes
- Experience of ServiceNow or similar toolset
- Practical and demonstrable experience of working with Microsoft technologies including Azure building solutions for End User compute.
About Post Office
- Demonstrates customer-first thinking and behaviors.
- Demonstrate strong process adherence.
- Ability to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organization
- Strong communication skills and a consultative approach coupled with a "can-do "attitude
- Familiar with operating as a member of a virtual team in a matrix managed environment
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Effective stakeholder management across all levels within the organization
- Personal resilience and drive to succeed, self-motivated to achieve against high expectations
- Ability to remain calm, professional, and decisive when in intensively pressurised situations.
- Have a demonstrable track record of working within an IT support or technology environment
The Post Office has thrived at the heart of high streets and local communities across the UK for over 370 years. As one of the country's most trusted brands, we take our commitment to providing essential services to customers across the UK very seriously. We're the UK's largest retail network, as well as the largest financial services provider in the UK, with over 11,600 branches nationwide - more than all of the UK's banks and building societies put together.
We know that the best way to provide a great service for customers is to evolve our business and adapt to their changing needs. That's why we have a range of over 170 products and services, from personal financial services like banking, insurance, payments and travel money, to telecoms and, of course, mails. And we're improving our online and in store experience for customers. We know that our customers never stop changing, so neither will we.Securing the future Post Office's future:
We are working hard to ensure that the next chapter of the Post Office's history is a bright one. We are the current guardians of an iconic business and we want to hand over a thriving network of branches which can continue to provide essential products and services for our customers for many years to come. This is a uniquely exciting and challenging time for the Post Office - we're shaping the future and creating a business we can all be proud of. Working at the Post Office:
Post Office colleagues are the driving force behind our business. Whether they are in our branches or supporting from our offices, we are proud of the energy, commitment and customer focus our people all have in common.
All Post Office people are guided by our three values and behaviours:
- We care by always thinking customer
- We strive to make things ever better through honest challenge
- We commit to decisive deliver
The Post Office embraces diversity and inclusion in the workplace and actively promote working without discrimination. We are also a Disability Confident Employer and are committed to interviewing disabled people who meet our minimum criteria for the job.