This is an opportunity to join a autmotive OEM in the devlopment of Electric Vehicles.Personal attributes
In order to succeed you will need to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as the ability to build effective working relationships across multiple disciples is paramount. Attitude is everything, we are always pushing boundaries and in order to achieve the unimaginable you must have a can-do approach and an open mind to endless possibilities. Cost Engineer Vision
Achieve cost optimized design solutions and competitive cost through actively providing fact-based input and negotiation support to reach best priceMain responsibilities
What you will do
- Plan and perform the main tasks according to program plan when applicable.
- Control tooling specification
- Provide cost estimates based on "best cost practice"
- Perform tasks in line with CE guidelines to maintain quality and transparency.
- Evaluate concept cost in design competition phase to support R&D and purchaser to make commercial judgement.
- Establish cost database for key commodities.
- Support project team to drive resolution and establish action plans on supplier issues.
- Coordinate cross functional teams within Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing to secure the deliverable of project.
- Lead cost estimations for Body Structure, Chassis and Electrical Propulsion components.
- Deliver Cost benchmark analysis on part and system level for Vehicle.
- Deliver cost estimates as part of cross-functional team to evaluate and set programme targets.
- Support R&D with cost specialist knowledge when evaluating and selecting technical concepts.
- Support Buyers by delivering should cost estimates and fact-based negotiation arguments for new sourcing and change management.
- Deliver benchmark cost and delta analysis for raw material claims
- Act as a member of cost optimization teams. Deliver cost estimates on parts in running production and on new ideas.
- Act as cost specialist in competitor analysis.
- Supplier cost break down analysis.
- A Bachelor or Masters degree in engineering or relevant experience.
- More than 5 years working experiences in cost estimation, manufacture, tooling, production area in well-known OEM or tier 1 supplier, tooling company.
- Good knowledge of production, material, manufacture process.
- Good knowledge of stamping, machining, casting, forming, welding, surface treatment, injection moulding and assembly etc.
- Experience in Electric Vehicle's, Propulsion Systems, Lightweight BIW/ Body Structure would be advantageous.
- Familiar with tooling structure and manufacture.
- Have fact base negotiation and cost analysis skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, fluency in English, written and spoken, as well as experiences working in a global team.
- Project management awareness.
- Experience in Siemens TCPM