Valerann is a fast-growing Smart Cities startup, based in London and Tel Aviv. We work with the world's largest infrastructure operators to transform roads into data-generating assets. Through our work and partnerships, we look to reshape the way operators use data to make traffic safer, more efficient, and support autonomous vehicles. If you want to be part of a dynamic and award-winning start-up and help shape the future of mobility - join Valerann!
We are developing a traffic management solution that is based on a unique vehicle-level data fusion. We ingest streams of data (IoT, Video, Social feed) into our AWS cloud environment; we run machine learning algorithms to identify various traffic issues and feed them back in real-time to vehicles and traffic control centres. We have made huge progress, but we need your help to move to the next level.
Our London-based team is looking for a talented, experienced and hard-working full stack developer. Your primary focus will be developing and improving our control centre dashboard which is in use in Europe, the US and around the world. You will develop user interface components and implement them following well-known React workflows (such as Redux, Storybook). Additionally, you will develop our API using FastAPI and deploy it to AWS or Azure.
A proven experience that we are looking for:
- At least 3 years of experience in developing full-stack code using Python and React
- Experience at developing APIs, for example using Flask or FastAPI.
- A high level of database proficiency, and experience at working with databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Athena and Redshift.
- Using software development tools such as AWS/Azure, Docker, Terraform, Github, Jira, Airflow.
You should be
- A person who likes to work in a start-up environment: Working in a small team, seeking ownership and taking initiatives.
- Someone who enjoys engineering complex systems.
- Someone who is eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.
The interview process
- Initial 30 minutes introduction where we will learn more about your professional background and experience. This will also let you understand the role and what we are looking for.
- One hour technical interview.
- One hour pair programming task. You and one of our team members will work together to develop a small Python/React module.
- Final interview with one of the company founders.
- All interviews will be held remotely.
Location: London/Camden (remote working currently)
*The company is an equal opportunity employer