AKKA are a globally operating engineering and technology consulting group at the forefront of the digital and connected world.
AKKA's passion for technology is embedded deep in its DNA and is guided by a clear vision for the future. For 30 years, we have established ourselves as one of the global leaders in our field through a well-balanced strategy combining organic growth with targeted acquisitions.
This is a great opportunity to join one of many growing and innovative agile driven projects as a Software Development Lead Engineer within our Rail industry division. You will lead the Software scope of the project, working collaboratively with our Systems Engineering Lead to successfully complete the project.
This role offers exciting work on a range of cutting-edge projects, with a variety of customers across multiple sectors while being a part of our team here at AKKA. What you will need
What you will be doing
- Good understanding of Software development process
- Good understanding of Systems Engineering process
- Knowledge of C/ C++ coding in the context of embedded systems
- Requirement management
- Experience leading or managing a team/project
- Good customer contact skills
- Ideally an understanding of embedded system development, with associated microprocessor and EE constraints
- Creativity and ability to provide innovative ideas and solutions
- Provide technical leadership and lead continuous improvement of the team's development practices
- Collaboratively develop software
- Working closely with the Systems Engineering Lead
- Participate with; designing, refining and estimating new features.
- Be an active contributor in all agile ceremonies
- Keep an emphasis on building and maintaining; scalable, reliable and secure software
- Provide mentoring and support to development of other software engineers