Technical Business Analyst/ Digital Technical Business Analyst £45k-£60k Permanent, Essex
A growing Digital Agency based in Essex is looking for a strong Technical Business Analyst with 5 years plus experience to join their team. The role will be office-based after pandemic restrictions lift (and would start with remote working) after which there will be flexibility to work from home 1-2 days a week. The company is passionate about developing a great team culture and investing in employees. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to develop the role and function as a key player within a dynamic business.
\The ideal person must have:
- A minimum of 5 years actively working in a similar capacity/role (e.g. Business Analyst, Tester)
- Experience working on Web projects/ web environments
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working within an agile environment
- Practical and demonstrable stakeholder management skills across all levels of the business
- Good understanding of the IT software development process, ranging from requirements and idea inception through to development and execution
- Experience working with the delivery team to define acceptance criteria
- Creating test/ user scenarios scripts
The Technical Business Analyst (BA) will be responsible for ensuring existing products, new features and improvements meet customer and business needs. The BA will provide technical product knowledge and the customer viewpoint throughout the development lifecycle . From determining how user requirements can be developed, tested, and released effectively.
The BA will create and review the user requirements to form a full specification that delivers value for customers and the business. The BA will also use their technical product knowledge of the web, core platforms, and customer viewpoints to support product improvement, analysing future requirements for validity and feasibility.
During development the BA will undertake various testing tasks to ensure the quality of the changes before being released to internal stakeholders and subsequently to customers. The BA will also undertake testing to ensure the quality of the product.
The BA will also work to triage, investigate and resolve technical issues, acting as escalation for support issues, and providing the necessary information to aid any support calls that get escalated. The BA will engage with internal and external stakeholders as needed to manage expectations and communicate when fixes will be released.Accountabilities
- Design and facilitate workshops, stakeholder interviews, ownership of all discovery actions.
- Validate user journeys using research, data and stakeholder insight to make informed decisions on priorities and focus.
- Understand the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Facilitate the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders.
- Identify the current and future-state business processes.
- Help the business stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change to support the future.
- Create, analyse and validate detailed functional specifications.
- Facilitate design sessions with the implementation team to define the solution.
- Deliver elements of systems design, including data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, or other detailed deliverables.
- Production of user and technical requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria and process flows
- Support the Project team with discovery and analysis activities against the prioritised backlog.
- Creation and management of Task Management software for technical delivery tasks
- Work closely with the Business Project Managers, IT developers to translate high-level requirements into viable product designs and deliver wireframes and working prototypes when required.
- Manage stakeholder alignment and communication at various levels across multiple business areas.
- Scope and shape the analysis approach from IT.
- Define and standardise business requirement templates
- Support the IT Delivery team in reviewing and prioritising the backlog of work
- Manage and influence senior stakeholder alignment and communication at various levels across multiple business areas and divisions.
- Work in a team collaborating on different aspects ensuring that the objectives of all components are aligned and that the delivered solution works as an end-to-end process.
- Collaborate with all business areas on testing requirements
- Documentation and creation of test plans,
- Execute Development testing scenarios along with UAT, securing Sign off, to ensure new features and improvements are fit for purpose and can be released with confidence
- Detect and track/log software bugs and inconsistencies, and provide support and documentation/reporting to help resolve issues
- Help to develop/define "definitions of done", acceptance criteria, and test cases where necessary.
Please click on the Apply button for immediate consideration for this role.