Jefferies, the global investment banking firm, has served companies and investors for over 50 years. Headquartered in New York with its European head office in London and staff in over 30 global cities, the firm provides clients with capital markets and financial advisory services, institutional brokerage and securities research, and wealth and asset management. Jefferies provides research and execution services in equity, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures and commodities markets, and a full range of investment banking services including underwriting, merger and acquisition, restructuring and recapitalisation.Team
Regulatory IT team develops and supports applications required to ensure regulatory compliance. Compliance rules and business areas covered include: FCA capital adequacy (counterparty risk, market risk, large exposures), Liquidity risk, Client Money, MiFID II Transaction Reporting, US regulatory reporting (15c3-1) and Global Shareholding and Short Sell monitoring. Significant regulation changes drive large projects but on a day to day basis, the team enhances the existing platforms to support business growth and improve reporting capabilities, accuracy and transparency. Production stability and continuous improvement are primary focus for the team.Role
For someone with experience of dealing with large, complex sets of interrelated data e.g. ETL or PL/SQL development experience. Experience with general Unix tools and scripting for basic administrative tasks and some development. Familiarity with Regulatory Reporting business and Technology would be useful but not essential.
The candidate will be part of the existing development team based in London. He/she is expected to build on their technical knowledge in existing platforms and technologies and gain new business knowledge in products / risk calculations / regulatory requirements. Involvement in all stages of the development process from requirements, implementation and through to support.Key Responsibilities
The key responsibilities are:
- Requirements gathering and interface with Finance users
- Develop, Unit Test and support the User Acceptance phase.
- Supporting Business processing and drive improvements.
- Develop business and technical skills in Regulatory compliance calculations and reporting
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
Desirable skills may include;
- Should be comfortable in a Unix environment with experience in Shell Scripting and command line tools.
- High level script language skills with Python 2 or 3 preferable.
- Experience in SQL (Oracle SQL preferred).
- Some ETL experience in tools such as Informatica or Ab-Initio would be advantageous.
- Previous experience of working in the Financial Services industry preferable.
- Previous experience of developing applications under SDLC guidelines.
- Web technologies such as HTTP, REST, HTML/CSS, NGINX, Tomcat.
- XML, XMLSchema
- Experience of working in Regulatory Reporting Technology, e.g. Axiom.