PLM Systems AnalystLOCATION OF WORK:
Aylesbury and Remote workingSALARY:
My Aylesbury based client are looking for a PLM Systems Analyst to join the business.
The business is a global company and this is an opportunity to join them as they continue to prove to be resilient to the uncertain climate. Below is a description of the role and its requirements.Job Purpose:
To analyse engineering systems requirements, recommend appropriate solutions and work within project teams to implement approved PLM software, processes and procedures. Ensure the PLM system meets the business objectives and service levels required by the individual companies.Key Accountabilities:
- Analyse PLM business processes and procedures, capture and document business requirements and work with the IT team, Design Engineers and suppliers to develop solutions.
- Provide Teamcenter expertise to support ongoing and future PLM projects. Analyse business needs and standard Teamcenter functionality and present potential improvements to business owners.
- Responsible for the performance, security, monitoring & integrity of the global Teamcenter including the underlying Oracle database, ensuring service availability to agreed service level agreements
- Oversee the development, testing and implementation of configuration changes, software upgrades, patches and bespoke applications. Maintain test environments, test cases and manage UAT.
- Establish Teamcenter templates, workflow processes and access controls to meet evolving business requirements
- Configure the appearance and behaviour of Teamcenter Rich/Thin Client interfaces
- Work with Design Engineers to develop and maintain the standard parts library using Teamcenter Classification.
- Work closely and discuss regularly with engineering and I.T. colleagues to keep all parties informed on the status of issues and to achieve satisfactory resolutions to all allocated helpdesk calls.
- Promote the use of Teamcenter PLM tools to support company objectives, both inside Engineering and across other departments.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of PLM solutions and hardware technologies to determine impact of upgrades and ensure best practice within the group.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure services are delivered at high quality and value for money.
- Participate in the development of departmental strategies and provide technical expertise and support for the IT team and the business as required.
- Produce user guides and other documentation with the aim of reducing the number of helpdesk calls for simple tasks.
- Assist with general I.T. helpdesk tasks.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required to enhance the efficiency, quality and service provided by the IT Department.
- To undertake business travel as and when required.
- There will also be a need to provide remote assistance and support to design teams in UK, Dubai and India with UK travel and the possibility of International travel.
- Proficient in the administration of current versions of Siemens Teamcenter PLM
- Practical experience in configuration of Teamcenter workflow, structure manager and Business Modeller IDE.
- Solid understanding of Product Lifecycle Management and the Software Development phases.
- Experience of enhancing existing Teamcenter environments.
- MS Office
- Ability to produce system documentation to a high standard.
- Skilled user of Windows desktop and experience with Windows server.
- Strong knowledge of NX CAD integration, Configuration, Classification and Change management.
- Experience of being the primary PLM point of contact for the business
- Teamcenter programming languages especially ITK
- Development tools such as Visual Studio or programming languages
- Experience of consulting and leading the business through business process design and optimisation.
- Classification software
- Experience of Oracle server admin, SQL scripts and Oracle
- ERP/MRP systems exposure
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English, both in writing and verbally.
- Share knowledge with colleagues
- Organise, prioritise and complete assigned tasks on time
- Highly self-motivated with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to interact with customers and partners on a professional basis
- Problem solving and judgement
- Resilience and flexibility
- A degree (or equivalent through professional qualifications and experience).
- Teamcenter Administrator certification
- Flexibility is required over working hours and working in any location whilst supporting projects.
To discuss this role in further detail please contact Andrew Knight or Chris Oddy at KO2 Embedded Recruitment Solutions Ltd.
- Experience with project management
- NX CAD certifications
- Microsoft certifications e.g. MCP