Chessable aims to make learning chess content as easy and efficient as possible. We digest the science so that our users don't have to, and allow for an optimal learning experience.
Chessable is part of the Play Magnus AS group, the company was founded by World Chess Champion Magnus Carlsen and is revolutionising how people learn, watch and play chess.
Searching for your dream job? Do you have a passion for chess and long life learning?
We are seeking an experienced technology leader to help us in architecting, designing, developing, and supporting the development of backend systems and frontend, mobile and web, applications used by chess players, coaches and students all over the world.Responsibilities
RequirementsEssential Skills & Experience
- Manage the performance and career development of a team of remote engineers.
- Be a role model and professional coach for engineers with a strong bias for action and focus on craftsmanship.
- Work in partnership with our product management team to deliver value to the business and our users.
- Participate with senior management in developing a long-term technology road map.
- Help ensure the stability, quality, scalability and performance of our applications.
Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience. Experience leading or managing a team of developers Experience in software design, development, and maintenance.Desirable Skills & Experience
Project or product management skills. Flexibility and experience with different software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall etc) Experience hiring engineering talent. Interest in Chess or experience with Spaced Repetition SystemsBenefits
- Flexible working hours
- 40 days of holiday (including all statutory and other public holidays in your place of residence)
- Birthday off
- Work from home or office
Chessable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to support and create a diverse work environment. We are hiring without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation or identity, family or marital status, religion, nationality or disability status. The interview processes are conducted fairly based on your experience and skills. We look for and value the most talented people. Everyone is welcome!