Role: Solution ArchitectType: PermanentLocation: BristolClearance: SC Salary: £Competitive
CND are partnering a global Defence business looking for a Solution Architect to join its Cyber Security Architecture Team based in Bristol. The ideal candidate will have significant experience of working on bids and proposals, and delivery programmes within a defence or public sector environment.
The Solution Architect will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of requirements capture, definition, decomposition and working hands on with the architectural design that reflects all stakeholder needs, and selection of the technology solution that best meets that need.
The successful Solution Architect will typically act as the Design Authority for a programme, working closely with the development team and other stakeholders to ensure that the integrity of the solution is maintained. The positions also require vast experience of working on and supporting multiple projects/teams often having to multi-task across complex work threads on multiple sites. Key Responsibilities:
- Stakeholder engagement including customers, programme managers, business leaders, developers and implementers, safety, security and other subject matter experts maintaining and building long term relationships
- Lead the development of customer engagements from shaping requirements, developing commercial frameworks, developing proposals through the entire cycle
- Build high performing teams to submit successful proposals and conduct effective and profitable delivery
- Define architectural designs and technology solutions in support of bids or project delivery
- Collaborate within the Architecture Team to meet the goals and objectives of the Business
- Perform the role of Design Authority/Lead Architect/Solution Architect for major Accounts and/or Programmes acting as the senior solution lead, customer advisor and approval authority for the design
- Knowledge transfer and mentoring their team
Candidates must hold valid UK Security Clearance at the level of Clearance specified.To apply please send a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability, salary requirements and availability to
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, MODAF, NAF)
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft Platform technologies
- Knowledge of ModelBased Systems Engineering, utilising UML & SysML tools
- Knowledge of security standards, processes and application of security enforcing measures
- Security Enforcing Function Specification & Monitoring Tools (Enterprise Firewalls, NIPS, HIPS, FPC, Mail & Web gateways, Endpoint Security)
- Broad knowledge of Virtualisation Platforms, storage technologies and enterprise server platforms
- Enterprise Networking & Services (TCP/IP Networks, devices & services (e.g. DHCP/DNS)
- Implementation of infrastructure in secure environment
CNDJobs@CNDLtd.comIn line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.If you have not heard from a member of the CND team within 14 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. To comply with GDPR, your application and any personal details will not be retained.