A global organisation delivering the latest technology solutions to combat cybercrime and implementing ground-breaking digital transformations with crucial software is looking to hire an Electronic Engineer.
My client produces state-of-the-art electronic products which are critical for the safety of our society. In this role you will be working in the Manufacturing Engineering capability across all phases of the product lifecycle, including productionisation, production, support, and through-life management of our electronic products. You will develop a deep technical understanding of the products and apply digital, analog, RF and mechanical engineering principles to identify improvements and rectify issues quickly and implement solutions to ensure the same issues do not reoccur.
• Integrating, testing and supporting electronic products.
• Working with products across the product lifecycle: from the earliest standalone prototype systems to mature products that are in widespread operation with our customers.
• Managing the engineering aspects of a production build, tracking its maturity through faults/issues management, yields and reviews.
• Undertaking fault diagnosis and resolution down to component level.
• Configuration management of our products deployed across our customers' fleets.
Key skills and experience:
• Familiarity with electronic components and their in-circuit functionality.
• Working in a live production and/or support environment, delivering against tight timescales and being adaptable to changing requirements.
• Operation of advanced electronic test equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, network analysers, function generators, etc.).
• Fundamental principles of software development.
• Fundamental principles of mechanical design.
• Awareness of legislative compliance (e.g. CE marking).
• Linux operating environment and scripting functions.
• Microsoft Office suite of applications.
• Defect tracking systems and configuration control systems.
• Stakeholder management.