At Paxton, we design and manufacture market leading security solutions for smart buildings. With over 35 years of experience, we put our core values of simplicity, quality, and honesty at the heart of everything we do.
Our people are key and making Paxton to be a great place to work is one of our top goals. We're delighted to be listed as one of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for the last three consecutive years.
Our team is constantly expanding, and we currently have over 370 employees located at 12 locations across the globe with offices in the UK, US, France, Germany, South Africa, UAE and Benelux.Job Overview
Join our development team based in Brighton, where you will be working on a newly launched innovative product communicating with devices via a feature rich web user interface, handling video streaming and real-time updates for a fluid user experience. The role will immerse you in a variety of technologies and complex device management at ever increasing scale. The key part of the role is to actively design and implement the software ensuring progression of project activities on a day-to-day basis, working closely with internal and external developers on new and existing features as a full stack developer.
During the current times this role will be starting from home, as and when things do change, you will be required to work in the office on a full-time basis.Job role
- Follow the modules' design and feasibility plan according to project requirements, and determine successful implementation using awareness across our product ranges (both new and existing)
- Collaborate with other teams/programs and share the understanding/knowledge of modules across all platform work proposing solutions and identifying risks
- Provide input to review requirements, specifications and designs to assure product quality
- Enhance the product suite through pushing technology boundaries and providing innovative solutions
- Investigate software defects as assigned and provide timely resolutions
- Guides and supports unit, integration, performance, stress and user acceptance testing
- Builds relationships and directs fellow developers both internal and external to Paxton
- Reviews all code created from developers both internal and external to Paxton.
- A passion for exceptional user experience
- SQL Server and Mongo DB experience desirable
- Good knowledge of software design patterns and test-driven development
- An excellent team player with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external teams