My client is a Mid Market Corporate Finance advisory firm, they are working on highly desirable mandates across the Financial Services (FIG) landscape. An industry expert with a seasoned, talented senior team, they are highly entrepreneurial in nature and encourage this in employees.
The team itself is already established player in Banking and Alternative Lending M&A. They are now keen to grow their Insurance, Trust and Asset Management M&A practice by appointing an ED or potentially an MD to build the brand and run the business. There is an existing pipeline to take over and then look to grow the client base.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual keen to elevate their level of exposure to clients. As is the nature of a more boutique entity, there will be a heightened level of responsibility - you will be expected to lead origination for your sector, oversee the execution of mandates and cultivate junior talent. This is an exceptionally strong team and so technical aptitude is a key component.
My client believes in working smartly to deliver excellent output, and therefore proudly offers better work-life balance than the majority of their competitors in Investment Banking or Boutique advisory.
- Strategy - all UK and Nordics Insurance, Trust and Asset Management M&A proposition will be structured and executed by you and the team
- Leadership - leading by example and leading the team is essential here as the business is a well-run machine
- Origination will be a core function of the role; you will be expected to lead on business development
- Working on existing live transactions in an execution capacity
- You will be responsible for reviewing financial models produced by Analysts / Associates and ensuring these are correct
- Engaging with clients and ensuring they have sufficient comfortability around the deal process
- Experience leading transactions, as this will be expected
- Ideally 10 years + M&A experience within Financial Services and with strong knowledge of the Insurance, Asset Management, Private Wealth or Fintech sector. Either in a boutique, advisory firm or an investment bank.
- Experience of working in the Corporate Development team within Insurance or a Bank.
- Degree educated
- UK experience
Basic Salary £175k - £200k + plus bonus and pension and standard FS benefits