At Gamma, we are excited about the possibilities for innovation that are made possible by software development. How it can enable our customers to communicate and collaborate in new and powerful ways. Software Development is therefore at the heart of Gamma strategy with several new key initiatives recently identified.
In this role you will have specific responsibilities relating to development of a user-facing application. This includes bringing the designs from UX designers to life and integrating with back end services to deliver a leading class product. Whilst this role is predominately focussed on the front end elements of the product, you will have opportunity to perform across the full stack.
This is very much a greenfield project and offers many opportunities for you to influence software development within the team. This role encompassed a variety of tasks, including software development, architecture, design compliance, testing, tooling and delivery.
You must have experience in the following technical areas:
A proven track record of building modern adaptive and responsive web portals and applications targeting both desktop and mobile formats
Extensive knowledge of ReactJS and Redux
Knowledge of implementing single page applications
Experience of Node.js development.
- Be dynamic and achievement orientated. Have commitment to quality throughout the life cycle of the product Proactive with an ability to work on your own initiative.
- Possess great problem-solving skills Be able to break down complex tasks and make things simple.
- Determination to reach an end goal and work through challenges
- Have strong communication and collaboration skills. Be open & approachable with good oral, written and presentation skills and the ability to organize and present technical material in an easily understood manner.
Other capabilities which would be beneficial to the role include:
- Experience of developing UX focused applications
- Experience of working with cross-platform solutions
- Experience in working with real time communication protocols (e.g. WebRTC)
- Experience of working with messaging protocols (e.g. web sockets, and XMPP) Experience of working with telephony protocols (e.g. SIP)
- Extensive knowledge of building applications that consume information from RESTful APIs
- Experience of common front-end development toolset (e.g. pre-processors, frameworks and libraries.)
- Front end testing expertise with automated toolsets. (e.g. Jest/Enzyme) Experience of Test-Driven Development (TDD) and associated toolsets.
- Proven track record of using source code control versioning systems (e.g. git)
- Understanding of DevOps principles, including CI/CD.
- Understanding of UI and UX design standards including responsive design Experience of working in Agile manner.
Gamma is a leading supplier of voice, data and mobile products and services in the UK.
People are the lifeblood of our success. The people working for us are unusually passionate and enthusiastic about what they do. That is because the ethos within our company is an open, friendly, honest, non-political environment, whilst always being responsive, flexible, committed and hardworking.
In 2019 we were voted one of 'The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For' for the sixth time.
We know giving you the right tools and training is essential. Full training will be given on our products as well as ongoing coaching and support.
There are many good reasons to join Gamma. You will find we work in a relaxed environment with an emphasis on delivering the highest quality in everything we do.
We strive to make decisions based on individual merit and ability. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and promote equality of opportunity in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Please note we only use recruitment agencies registered on our preferred suppliers list and as such, any speculative CV's received will not be considered.