We are seeking a technically aware and enthusiastic Web Developer with Digital Agency experience to join our growing team. Our new team member will have an aptitude for development and be proficient in a wide range of interactive technologies. Ideally with a minimum of 3 years' experience, you will have a good knowledge of new and emerging tech and trends and be passionate about the work you deliver.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a mid-weight developer who is looking to gain more experience and has the following skills:
- Extensive experience working as Full stack developer building scalable web-based interfaces
- Experience as an integrator with cross-functional teams (technology, marketing and creative/design), working together in support of programs and campaigns
- Experience communicating with non-technical stakeholders to ensure smooth delivery of digital projects
- Good understanding of HTML5, CSS3, browser rendering / composition
- Candidate should be comfortable using ES2015/ES6 and modern JS frameworks like ReactJS.
- Good knowledge of web security development including OWASP [JH5] [DP6] best practice
- Capable of building reusable code and components for future use
- Have experience configuring and using dependency managers such as npm, yarn, and task managers such as grunt and gulp
- 3+ years experience working with API/ systems integrations [JH7] and optimising for front end performance
- Familiarity working with common hosting platforms such as AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Familiar with Agile principles and practices and the pragmatic application of these in delivering digital project.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- The ability to solve problems, strong time management, organisational skills, meeting tight deadlines, as well as multi-tasking effectively.
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal - demonstrable ability to communicate complex technical information to other teams across the agency, in an easy to understand way.
- Able to work in a collaborative creative environment.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Knowledge of SEO compliance
- Experience of analytical platforms such as Google Analytics and data-driven analytics.
Desirable skills you'll have
- Knowledge of HTML Email best practice
- Understanding with Dev Ops CI/ Testing tools
- Experience with Content Management Systems such as WordPress, Drupal or Contentful.
- Knowledge of with Veeva systems, Iqvia or Salesforce Marketing cloud is a major bonus.
- Have experience of working in the healthcare industry.
Cherry is one of the UK's leading healthcare creative communication agencies. We work with a number of the world's biggest pharmaceutical companies delivering award winning work for our clients. We take an integrated, multi-channel and consultative approach to client engagements and we work on numerous exciting brands across a wide variety of therapy areas. Cherry is part of Avenir Global.
Cherry was recognised as a Great Place to Work, 2020.
Employee skills development and career progression is a key focus for the agency. We provide ongoing on the job training, and where appropriate team members will be funded to enrol in training courses to address specific development needs. In 2020 we delivered and helped to facilitate over 2,000 hours of learning throughout the agency. Team members receive regular reviews to ensure continued development and progression - people are advanced on merit as and when they demonstrate their ability to take the next step.
At Cherry we consider ourselves a friendly bunch and we encourage a social environment. While working from home has pressed pause on our regular office Friday night drinks, it hasn't stopped our social club organising virtual events, our book club meeting each month, a film club recently starting and regular team socials among people's smaller teams to keep in contact and to welcome new joiners.
Get exposure to:
- Accelerated career progression with the opportunity to work and learn in different client project environments
- A competitive salary which grows as you develop in your career
- Ongoing professional development support, guidance and mentoring