The Opportunity/ Purpose of Role
We are looking for a passionate Data Engineer to join our development team based in London to work on building ETL connectors and implementing and maintaining databases to hold reporting data. You will conduct full lifecycle activities including requirements analysis, design and development and maintenance of data integration and reporting capabilities.
*This role is currently fully remote with a planned return to our London office whenever it is safe to do so in 2021. We will still maintain flexible working practices at this time, but please bear in mind when applying that you could be required to be in the office for at least part of the working week*
• Design, build and maintenance of data schema to meet the evolving needs of the business
• Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity
• Collaborates with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization
• Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it
• Writes unit/integration tests and contributes to engineering wiki and work tracking documentation
• Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues
• Works closely with a team of frontend and backend engineers, product managers, and analysts
• Defines company data assets (data models) to populate data models
• Designs data integrations and data quality framework including building required data pipeline system
• Designs and evaluates open source and vendor tools for data lineage
• Works closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long-term data platform architecture
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes needed for the role
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
• Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies and AWS
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Process oriented with great documentation skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
• You must come from a digital/programmatic media and advertising background
• 4+ years of SQL experience (No-SQL experience is a plus) and 4+ years of Python or Java development experience
• 4+ years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modelling
• Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal stakeholders
• Experience designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems
• Experience of ETL tools such as Clover DX, Matillion or similar
• Ideally experience of cloud databases such as Snowflake
• Proven working experience as a data engineer
• Ideally a BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
We are an equal opportunity employer who are passionate and committed to ensuring that we are driven by respect, fairness, advances in equality of outcome and eliminating discrimination in all its forms.
We are proud to foster an inclusive environment where every employee feels able to bring their whole self to work and feel comfortable sharing what they think, feel and their ideas. As a multinational, multicultural business we seek to provide our people with opportunity for employment, career and personal development solely on the basis of their ability, qualifications and suitability for that work.
Our aim is to be purposeful in considering diversity and inclusion in everything we do at all levels of the business. Our ultimate goal is to make positive and lasting change for the better.