Technology Consultant - Remote Services About the role
We're on the lookout for a Technology Consultant to join our expanding global Remote Services team, supporting our clients and their IT infrastructure on a day-to-day basis.
We work with a wide variety of national and international clients, providing custom support services and technical escalation routes. You'll be our clients' first point of contact and will own, manage and solve their technical problems.
We're looking for someone with brilliant communication, listening and troubleshooting skills and you'll thoroughly enjoy solving technical problems.About you
We're looking for the right person, not just a specific background. Your passion for technology and problem solving is just as important as technical skills and knowledge.
Your progression is important to us and your career path is up to you. You could follow a service management, technology specialist or even business consulting direction. We quickly reward those who perform well. Continuous personal and professional development are also important to us, so you will be supported, guided and mentored every step of the way. You'll not only continually develop and learn new skills, but will guide and mentor others too.Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience:
- You'll be the first point of contact for our customers in need of technical support, which may be via email or phone. You'll own, manage and resolve their problems.
- You'll need to triage any tickets that come in to Waterstons, appropriately prioritising these so that they can be actioned according to need.
- Managing your own queue of tickets, you'll take ownership of new tickets as and when you are able, ensuring the customer is communicated with and that issues are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- You'll be responsible for recording your time when working on issues to enable accurate billing to clients.
- You'll be in charge of troubleshooting issues that come in and liaising with colleagues and customers as required to resolve these in a timely fashion.
- You'll continually look for opportunities to improve our customers businesses and add value through the use of technology.
- Working within a larger team you'll provide a range of support from 1st to 3rd line, working remotely from the office, with potential to spend time on site with our clients nationwide.
- Experience in a 2nd/3rd line role is essential.
- We typically expect A Levels or a Degree in an appropriate subject, or relevant experience in a similar role.
- We're looking for someone with acute attention to detail, who's resilient and results oriented. An analytical thinker you'll also be keen to keep on learning and developing new skills and use your initiative to solve problems.
- You'll have great organisation, timekeeping and prioritisation skills.
- You'll be personable, customer focused and have the ability to build relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Experience within an MSP environment is preferred but not essential.
Successful candidates will have experience in a broad range of technologies that we use every day in a support capacity - preferably with some industry standard accreditations to back this up and an understanding of server and desktop operating systems.
Some of the areas that we look for are:
- Key Microsoft server roles:
- Active Directory, Exchange 2013 & 2016, Windows Server, SQL, SharePoint, System Center
- Networking (CCNA or an equivalent would be an advantage)
- Unified Communication solutions such as Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams and Mitel
- Cloud Infrastructure/Platforms such as Azure, AWS and Google Cloud
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V
- SAN and Storage technologies including underlying fabric
- Backup/Replication Technologies such as Veeam
- ITIL for service management
For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.