Electronics & Software Engineer
As a division of Knowles Corporation, Knowles Precision Devices (KPD) focuses on production of a wide variety of highly engineered Capacitors and Microwave to Millimeter Wave components for use in critical applications in military, medical, aerospace, industrial, electric vehicle, and 5G market segments. Radar, pacemakers, MRI equipment, satellites, airplanes, electric vehicles, and mobile phone base stations are just a few of the places you will find our products. Our products can be found in every corner of the world, from 8000ft below the earth's surface to orbiting 254 miles above us on the ISS.
We are a Specialty Components manufacturer, which means we choose to take on the complex challenges that come with High Reliability, High Temperature, High Performance, and High Frequency solutions. This is built on our commitment to innovation, whether it be our ongoing creativity in manufacturing high performance multi-layer ceramic capacitors, or our unique ceramic formulations that allow us to provide the highest performance-for-footprint mmWave filters available.
We aim to be a leader in every market we serve, to the benefit of our customers and our mutual long-term success. We achieve this by:
- Understanding our customers' real needs and providing products and services to meet and exceed them.
- Providing better products and services than competitors.
- Investing in product development, manufacturing processes, and people.
- Insisting on the highest ethical standards and a business culture of trust, respect, and open communication.
This position will primarily work on the manufacture of the existing designs and development of next generation machines which is likely to use alternative state of art technologies. Reporting Structure:
This position reports to the Equipment Engineering Manager.Location:
This position is based out of the Norwich, UK facility. The Norwich site provides R&D and New Product Introduction (NPI) support for multilayer ceramic capacitors and other capacitor types in conjunction with associated KPD global manufacturing sites.Tasks and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Skills:
- To work with the current Equipment Engineering team to manufacture the current equipment in process. After training this Engineer would be involved in the global design / manufacture of equipment as required for the future.
- To work with the current Equipment Engineering team to develop next generation machines for building multilayer ceramic capacitors, using alternative technologies.
- To Work with the R&D team to provide drawings and equipment to assist with R&D projects as required.
- To work with the R&D and global Engineering teams to specify, source and evaluate appropriate equipment for capacitor manufacture and test.
- Ability to manage projects and be able to work to deadlines and budgets.
- Ability to liaise with key suppliers for the purchase and supply of both 'off the shelf' commercial and specialist component parts.
- Ability to document and compile a project construction manual.
- Be prepared to undertake foreign travel as required.
- In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
- BS degree or equivalent (HNC/HND) in Electronic Engineering with Programming).
- Have at least 5 years' experience in the process of building industrial machinery & test equipment, this will include:
- Experience in the use of SolidWorks for Mechanical Drawing (preferred), or AutoCAD.
- Electronics Design / Assembly.
- Construction of rack mounted electronic modules.
- Familiar with current practices for machine wiring.
- The use of PLC / HMI programming tools, (experience of Mitsubishi GX Works 2 or 3 & GT Designer 3 is preferred, but not essential).
- Familiarity with PC / PLC based machine control using Ethernet & / or CC-Link as communication protocols.
- The above also integrates servo control & VSD's.
- Experience of interfacing with measurement technology (real time data collection).
- Have an understanding of temperature control theory.
- Have an appreciation of pneumatics & its' appropriate use.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft suite of tools.
- LabView would be a key skill for future projects.
- Knowledge of industrial inkjet, slot die, or other similar techniques for material deposition may be an advantage.
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the job holder at any time according to the needs of the business.
Knowles Precision Devices is an Equal Opportunity Employer.