With their headquarters in London and offices worldwide my client is a leading marketing and technology solutions organisation providing services to both the private and public sector. With over 20,000 employees and a solid reputation they are a great company to be a part of and looking for a Support Engineer to join their Leeds office (Home-based working currently due to Covid).Benefits
The Role - Support Engineer
- Holiday entitlement: 22 days, increasing by one day each year until reaching 25 days
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Pension scheme - contribute 1% from salary and my client will contribute 2%. Company will match up to 5%.
- Life Insurance and Personal Accident Cover
- Private Health Insurance - eligible after 2 years' service
- Group Income Protection - eligible after 3 years' service
- Other benefits include, childcare voucher, PC loan, season ticket loan.
This role is within the Government sector working on a support platform, a great opportunity to join a very stable business and on one of their latest projects at the early stages so you can really make your mark.
This role requires SC Clearance and NPPV Level 3 Vetting - The company will pay for this process for the successful candidate.Normal working hours until June then shift patterns will begin, you will receive a £3K pay rise at this time.Shifts - Monday - Friday - 06.30 - 15.00 or 14.00 - 22.30
- Must have experience in 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support.
- Must have experience supporting production workloads on AWS
- Some exposure to a broad range of technologies would be advantageous e.g. a selection of: Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Nginx, Java, PHP, Ruby, C#, PowerShell, Python, Kafka, NiFi, ActiveMQ, Mule, BizTalk, MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL DBs, SQL Server, TCP/IP, TLS, SELinux, Web Application Firewalls, Memcache, Redis, ELK, CDNs, Git, Jenkins, Bamboo, Packer, Terraform.
- As the Support Engineer you will have strong written and verbal communication at all levels of engagement.
- Ability to consult as a subject matter expert.
- Ability to foster and maintain customer relationships on technical and business development topics.
- Commitment proactively research emerging technologies and techniques to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the unit.
- Public sector experience.
- Experience of working on systems adhering to strict security standards (e.g. government or PCI-DSS).
- AWS or other certifications.
- ITIL certification.
If you are a Support Engineer and looking to work for an organisation that is progressive and one that really looks after their employees then apply now.
Starting salary - £25K, increased to £28K when shifts start