We are looking for a dynamic, team player, who has a good understanding of the UK's technology sector from a policy and regulatory perspective. This role will support the Director of the Ecosystem Team, within Huawei's London Representative Office. This role will focus on building new links for Huawei with technology focussed organisations - and strengthening existing relationships - to shape positive policy outcomes for the business. It requires someone who has a good understanding of new technologies and the key organisations that Huawei should engage with in order to raise Huawei's profile as a technology thought leader and world-class innovator, with a long-term commitment to the UK. This role also requires someone with first class communications skills, and the ability to make a significant impact amongst Huawei's key opinion former audiences.Key responsibilities
Candidate Requirements Background & Experience
- Responsibility for identifying the most influential technology organisations that Huawei should engage with in order to best represent its business activities in the UK.
- Take responsibility for the management of key Huawei technology events
- Assist with the preparation and formation of meetings with senior colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Assistance with the development of stakeholder biographies and analysis of key technology focussed organisations (structure, governance, key opinion leaders etc).
- Assistance with technology monitoring of events in the media which may be of relevance for Huawei.
- Assist the Director of the Ecosystem Team to develop and implement campaigns that assist Huawei in meeting and managing its business objectives
- Assist the Director of the Ecosystem Team with the development and follow up of a regular programme of face-to-face contact between Huawei's management team and key opinion formers
- Work closely with internal colleagues to identify and arrange opportunities to demonstrate to policy makers the contribution Huawei makes to consumers and society via its pioneering technologies
- Willingness to travel if necessary
- 15+ years experience with strong interest in technology matters and an understanding of the way UK public policy is made
- Good working knowledge of the main technology focussed organizations (trade groupings, standards bodies, regional development organizations) and good links with key opinion formers
- High-quality written skills and practical experience in drafting materials for use by senior executives.
- The ability to work as part of a team, and to develop and manage initiatives with minimal supervision
- The ability to represent Huawei in direct dealings with policy-makers
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Communicates effectively internally and externally to optimize service and project delivery
- Inputs to strategic thinking - has an understanding of the needs of other parts of the business
- A person who is excited by challenges and is motivated to find solutions that work for all parties
- An ability to deliver consistently excellent results
- Displays the highest levels of integrity and commitment
- Passionate about the cause.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision and to strict deadlines
- 'can do' and team playing attitude
- Friendly and approachable
- Flexibility in hours and approach are a pre-requisite as many events are in the evening and at weekends
- Travel will be required
Recruitment Privacy Notice - http://career.huawei.com/reccampportal/portal/hrd/weu_rec_all.html