My client is looking for a motivated and technically capable Data Scientist interested in a role which is equal parts R&D and building real applications.
You join a newly formed Data & AI team, where you will be a part of growing a market-leading AI capability from the ground up on AWS cloud.
You have an opportunity to be a key part of something unique in an industry with a lot of data and not enough analysis - the company aim to change the market completely, and we need you to do it.The role is based in Farnborough (with remote working), and the salary for this role is between £45,000 - £75,000.
- Researching how the company can utilise data such (images and audio) to improve their product.
- Be responsible for building Artificial Intelligence driven products to deliver insights and predictions.
- Combine solid programming skills in Python and Spark with a willingness to try new programming languages and frameworks to deliver the leanest, most effective services
- PhD or MSc in a quantitative discipline (mathematics, physics, life sciences, etc.), with hands- on experience in industry preferred but not essential
- Experience of machine learning in an R&D environment where you tested data-led hypotheses to solve problems in a new or unknown field
- Strong Python programming skills (Spark experience - preferrable)
- Experience with machine learning libraries/frameworks such as Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow, Keras, or PyTorch
- Experience with visualisation or reporting tools (Tableau, MatPlotLib/Seaborn or similar)
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate deeply technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Practical experience of machine learning model architecture and evaluation
- Experience of building web applications to prototype functionality with your audience
- Experience of deploying and running services on cloud infrastructure
- 25 days holiday + 3 additional days over Christmas,
- life insurance,
- Cycle-to-Work scheme
- book scheme
- modern campus with many on-site facilities
- free gym membership,
- free on-site parking,
- subsidised local restaurants and coffee shops
- Pizza Thursday
If this role sounds interesting to you, please APPLY & get in touch with Thomas Warburton @ ITECCO on 0113 532 4400 or email thomas . warburton @ itecco . co . uk
Established in Didsbury, ITECCO has grown to become one of the UK's most successful and fastest growing IT recruitment companies in the UK.