Proxymity is a pioneering investor communications platform. We connect issuers, intermediaries and investors in real-time via our unique digital platform, which creates more efficient, more accurate and more transparent solutions.
Proxymity is here to change the investor communications landscape. Our mission is to make proxy voting and other asset servicing processes easier and more efficient. Our purpose is to solve complex problems for our clients and through our connectivity and technology capabilities, to add value throughout the investor lifecycle.
We are a fast-growth start up and have already gone from 20 - 50+ employees in the last six months. We are backed by some of the biggest names in the industry and have extensive growth plans in place for the next 12 months and beyond.Role
We are looking for a paralegal to join the legal team and provide support with legal and administrative matters. The candidate will work closely with the General Counsel and other team members. This is a newly created role, and you will be offered the opportunity to grow and develop your skills.Responsibilities
- Producing high quality work, including drafting, reviewing and proof-reading legal documentation (NDAs, vendor agreements, SOWs, office leases) and ad-hoc documentation, ensuring consistency with the company's risk policy.
- Assisting with POA and delegation authority matrix
- Assisting with the execution of contracts and other legal documentation.
- Managing and maintaining corporate documentation and filling.
- Assisting with the incorporation of new entities.
- Managing insurances and maintaining insurance certifications.
- Establishing and maintaining filing systems.
- Identifying and implementing legal processes and setting up new tools to help the legal team scale up (i.e. contract management system, vendor management and signature processes).
- Working with the General Counsel on the team's priorities and goals, and preparing reports and presentations.
- Supporting the legal team communications and company-wide roll-out of training.
- Keeping the legal team up to date on relevant legislation and regulation related to the business and responsible for legal knowledge management.
- Tracking external legal costs.
- Providing general administrative support for the legal team.
- A Law degree or equivalent qualification.
- At least 2 years of experience as a paralegal in a law firm or an in-house legal team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience in implementing legal processes (i.e. contract management system).
- A "can do" attitude.
- A willingness to learn and develop in new areas.
- You have worked in Fintech or the tech sector.
- You have got in-house experience within a high growth start-up/scale-up.
- Experience working in Fintech or the tech sector.
- In-house experience within a high growth start-up/scale-up.
- A competitive salary
- An exciting, fast-growth start up environment with excellent career growth opportunities
- Private health insurance
- 25 days holiday
- Flexibility to work from home post Covid-19
- WeWork offices - unlimited free coffee and beer post 5pm!