An overview of the role
You will have a passion for innovation and emerging technology and embrace working with new ideas and methods. You will be comfortable working in an ambitious, start-up style culture where you will play a part in our future strategy and growth.The work
You will work alongside clients, account execs, innovation strategists, engineers and product managers to ideate, experiment, and build rapid proof of values and innovations for a range of clients leveraging the latest in technology. You get excited solving design, business and technology challenges by working hand in hand with customers to deliver unique experiences.
- You will be leading the technology architecture and delivery of new products, services and systems from inception through to beta
- Work as a leader and a technology coach in multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype and build cutting-edge solutions and future concepts
- Communicate the value of new technologies to clients
- Deliver and ship quality code, in collaboration with our full-stack teams
- Provide a technical voice at workshops, brainstorming sessions, experiments & design sprints with internal team members or with clients to define technology and platform visions and direction
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Balance speed and quality, with a focus on tangible results
- Mentor junior developers - leading by example, driving best practices and coding standards
Your primary role will be to work with our team, clients and partners to create new products, services and systems to drive meaningful change. As a technologist, you will craft digital solutions for our clients across a range of industries, working with the latest technologies to solve complex and novel business challenges.Why You?
- Experience in a similar engineering or innovation role
- Creating and building solutions in a digital, cloud native way, working with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Google, Azure) and SaaS solutions
- A passion for new technologies and an awareness of new technology trends, with a desire to experiment and learn - turning trends into reality
- An understanding of emerging technologies such as AI, IoT or Immersive - any hands-on expertise of developing (e.g. with Python) or integrating these technologies to digital solutions is a plus
- A bias for action, creating proof points based on tangible experiments, prototypes or solutions
- A proven attention to detail
- The ability to break down complex solutions into a logical actions for the wider team
- An awareness of the value new technologies can bring and the ability to communicate this in engaging ways to clients and internal stakeholders.
The Applied Innovation Exchange (AIE) exists to create a world where everyone can apply innovation to create a positive future.
We're on a mission to create the products, services and systems that empower some of the world's largest organisations to drive meaningful change in the world. We do this through a high-impact, human centred approach, combining our expertise in collaboration with our ecosystem partners and the breadth of Capgemini to create solutions enabled by emerging technologies.Corporate Social Responsibility:
We're also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we're working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone's access to a digital world. It's something we're really serious about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world's most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you'll join a team that does the right thing.Diversity
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.About Capgemini
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.