This is an exciting opportunity with a leading Financial services client who's looking to grow their global Architecture team. Experience in a Front office environment and understanding of capital markets is essential.Responsibilities:
- Aligned to the group architecture function this individual would have oversight of multiple programmes of work ensuring alignment to core principals, standards and process.
- They will get to work across multiple architecture domains, Application, Infra, Business and also insight into cross cutting concerns such as Security.
- They will be working with delivery functions to instil good architectural practice and enable the teams to deliver on the business strategy
- Manage and develop the architecture for a broad scope of projects, working closely with delivery teams that manage and design architecture for a single project or initiative.
- Provide management and system solutions to large, strategic, complex system development projects involving multiple platforms, distributed processing, multi-tier client server and web-based applications ensuring alignment with the overall enterprise.
- Support, communicate and align technical skill development within the organisation.
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture.
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- You'll be working closely with the Energy and Commodities function
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Experience of designing and delivering service-based architecture and display a sound understanding of architectural and design principles
- Background of working in a financial or trading organisation.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of key components of an enterprise technical architecture
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Excellent understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture
- Ability to work with developers in an inhouse and outsourced environment
- Significant enterprise systems development hands-on experience (C++, Java, C# or similar OO stack)