The Contracts Manager position has been created due to the continued growth of the business and Aiimi's project work, which has led to an ever-expanding contract portfolio across the organisation. The Contracts Manager will sit in the Operations Team, reporting into the Operations Director. The role will require you to engage with customers, building strong working relationships, continuously support Commercial aspects of the contracts under your remit which in turn will help deliver our key performance metrics, KPIs and contractual commitments within our Frameworks.
You will ensure that the contracts under you care are properly managed and controlled whilst guaranteeing that the commercial strategy is delivered and developed in accordance with the requirements of the business. This role will see you uphold both ours and our customers contractual obligations and that our internal financial and performance reporting is consistent and accurate. You will be working directly with our varied customer base, overseeing contracts, and ensuring projects are completed in line with the design & specification. You will be one of the key contacts between the business and the customer for all commercial elements.
A background in business management and an understanding of how IT and technical projects work would be beneficial for this role.
Key requirements & responsibilities
This role will require you to
• Manage a portfolio of corporate contracts, including drafting and revising a variety of contracts both customer and internal-facing
• An ability to review customer contracts and produce a contract summary highlighting key risks and issues for use by managers and owning responsibility for contract authorisation
• Ensure the Aiimi's customer and employee-facing contract documents are managed and maintained, undertaking compliance checks against contracts as needed
• Provide advice and guidance to the business in relation to contract generation
• Create, prepare, review and edit all current contracts whilst driving continuous improvement
• Liaise with clients to ensure strong working relationships, effective contract governance, contractor engagement, accountability and risk management
• Support the Programme and project teams in monitoring for breaches of corporate governance
• Monitor, manage and report on all commercial aspects of allocated projects, flagging issues and proposing mitigation actions at the earliest opportunity to the Operations Director
• Proactively monitor and mitigates risks associated with their contract portfolio
• Work to achieve value for money at each stage of the contract
• Manage contract exits
Additional accountabilities may include:
• Analysis on a range of commercial and technical information
• Setting up and facilitating meetings and information sharing with other functional areas
• Development of reports and presentations to update key stakeholder groups
• Ad hoc support to high-profile projects
Previous experience relevant for this role includes
• Experience of corporate contract management
• Analytical, commercial and negotiating skills
• Ability to lead stakeholders through contract change request processes
• Ability to manage contract risk and understanding of different forms of contract and risk allocation
• Knowledge of working with or for publicly funded bodies including central government departments would be beneficial
Knowledge relevant for this role includes
• Governance, Assurance & Compliance
• Strategy Development
• Project Management & Planning
• Estimating & Cost Planning
• UCR/PCR Application
• Bespoke Third-Party Agreements
• Contract Management & Administration
• Dispute Resolution
• Cost Control
For more information on this exciting role please get in touch!
Aiimi is an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants are selected solely based on their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities in line with the job they are applying for. No applicant shall receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, pregnancy, maternity, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, disability, age. This is not an exclusive list.