Senior Data Engineer (Fully remote)
£40,000 - £60,000 + Package
MBN are partnering with a fantastic tech start-up who are revolutionising the way we improve welfare and monitor performance of livestock around the UK. This organization have created an Deep Learning platform which uses live video feeds to analyse livestock and recommend care improvements or diet changes to reduce greenhouse emissions & improve output.
In this role the Data Engineer will manage the data pipelines linking from IOT devices to the Data Science team, building and expanding their capability daily. An understanding of Machine Learning or API's would be beneficial but if you're willing to learn these skills, that would also be welcomed.
Automation is a key part of this work - due to the volume of data coming in, it makes much more sense to set-up automation processes to ensure a clean and consistent workflow. Ideally, a Data Engineer with a keen interest in data science, with core Python coding skills and solid grounding in Cloud technologies will fit perfectly into this excellent data team.
Key Skills & Experience required;
· Experience across AWS, Azure, or GCP (AWS preferred)
· Proven track record and strong background in Big Data Engineering
· Building, maintaining full ELT/ETL workflow lifecycle from data ingestion to output
· Confident Python & SQL coder, for data pipelines and development
· Desirable but non-essential is IOT (Internet of Things) experience with dataflows
· Experience in automation and API's would be beneficial but not essential
For more information or to apply, please send across your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org