So,what makes a Legal Assistant role with Stowe so different? Well, that would be the;
Who 'is' Stowe Family Law?
- Clear and structured career path for developing your legal career, whether you want to become a qualified fee earner or just a family law specialist.
- The freedom to get involved in fee earning duties, developing your competencies alongside a family law specialist.
- An opportunity to be part of a firm which only specialises in family law and holds exceptional client care at the heart of everything they do.
We're the country's largest specialist family law firm with over 70 Lawyers across 31 offices. We all come to work every day and pull together; the way we help our clients is exceptional because Family Law is all we do. In the last few years we've grown our business by over 150% and laid the groundwork to build something really special, so now is a great time to join us.Ideally, you will be
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Personable, friendly and driven in the pursuit of excellent client care
- Currently working as a legal assistant within family law or have a knowledge of family law processes
- Or educated to degree level in Law and able to demonstrate a knowledge of family law
- Aligned to Stowe values, in particular 'We Want Growth'
Chargeable Fee Earning Duties
- Identification of searches to undertake, undertaking those searches and potentially feedback to the lawyer on the contents
- Completion of B2B
- Completion of Asset Schedule
- Production of subsequent B2B/asset schedule
- Preparation of documentation following mediation/negotiation agreement
- Preparation of (E)bundles
- Attending some initial meetings and preparing follow-up notes
- Calls to Court and to other third parties either as a predesignated task from the workflow or on the instruction of the lawyer
- Getting quotes for SJE reports
- Researching property particulars for clients
- Answering incoming calls and taking detailed messages from clients
Values and Behaviours;
- Proclaim diary management (e.g. ensuring all key dates are input into system), organising meetings, travel arrangements etc
- All tasks completed by Legal Secretaries as may be required
We Have Spirit We are friendly and caring, conscientious, resilient, ambitious and passionate. We deliver on our promise and celebrate our successes.
We Achieve Together We collaborate with clients, colleagues and our stakeholders to share, support, influence, and deliver value to them.
We Want Growth We strive to expand our capabilities, our client bases and our firm. We are bold, commercial, promote innovation, are enabled by technology and embrace change.Benefits;
If you're ambitious, then we'll offer you a great salary, a chance to work with wonderful people and the opportunity to work in a really clever way. You'll have flexibility to work from home, or the office, whenever you like (post Covid) and you'll arrange your days or weeks around your commitments, family, clients and leisure activities.
"We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant"
- An attractive salary
- Lucrative performance and values related bonus
- 26 days annual leave
- Mental wellbeing days
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributory pension
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Enhanced adoption pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Enhanced bereavement pay
- Paid emergency dependents leave
- Paid leave for fertility treatment
- Simply health (including counselling sessions, 24/7 GP access, dental cover, health assessments etc)
- Discounted legal services
- Life assurance
- Season ticket loans
- Flexible working - and we actually mean that