As a Business Continuity Planner you will be responsible for the development, maintenance and testing of our Business Continuity and IT Service Continuity program.
You will support all business plan activities that enable us to manage a crisis event as well as meet compliance requirements for continuity planning.
Your primary goals will be to identify, document and test business needs and dependencies against our infrastructure, identifying gaps and recovery strategies. Reporting to the IT Assurance Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the team's daily activities and agreeing priorities to meet project deadlines.Main Responsibilities:
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Building functions and metrics to ensure service levels are measured and consistently met. Reporting on the capacity and usage of the BCM infrastructure and continuity status of business units to Senior Management.
- Recommending recovery strategies and options using industry knowledge and experience.
- Providing mentoring and guidance to technical and supervisory staff to support awareness and enforce the BCM and ITSC strategy and standards throughout the Company.
- Supporting and assisting in the definition, development and maintenance of the BCM and ITSC strategy, supporting documentation, toolsets and third party relationships.
- Grouping of critical, time sensitive functions into a service catalogue and recovery sequence.
- Liaising with key teams to identify gaps, set recovery time objectives, recovery point objectives and convey business needs and expectations for IT services.
- Assisting business units with impact analysis, identification of critical functions and dependencies against the scope of the business continuity policy and maximum tolerable period of disruption.
- Developing and coordinating the maintenance and testing program for all BCM and ITSC plans including independent review and validation.
- Ensuring compliance to standard operational procedures (including regular maintenance requirements) and workflow processes and procedures.
- Travelling occasionally to other bet365 offices in the UK.
- Enterprise technology and industry best practice awareness with experience in multisite services and continuity technologies.
- Experience of ITIL best practice methodologies including Change, Incident and Problem Management.
- Demonstrable project management skills to support data collection, delivery and sign off of milestones, whilst managing changing priorities.
- Ability to function as a member of a team while also capable of operation with little supervision or constant guidance.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and verbally and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Experience working as a liaison between technical development teams and non-technical customers to support requirements, gathering and managing expectations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate and coordinate work efficiently and effectively.
- Strong administrative skills, with effectiveness in developing tasks and managing resources to achieve target dates.
- Ability to work with stakeholders across all functions and levels of the Company.
- Previous operational experience in Business Continuity, IT Service Continuity or related fields.