Advantage Resourcing is seeking candidates to apply for a Licensing Team Leader role. This will be a role with a local authority and will be on contract until 30 April 2021.
To provide strong, robust management and leadership to the Licensing Team, delivering a range of functions including Alcohol and Entertainment licensing, Animal Licensing, Hackney Carriage and Private Hire, Gambling, Charity Collections and Street Trading.
Key Criteria Job Requirements Essential or desirable
• Relevant graduate or professional qualification (licensing / regulatory) or equivalent by experience.
• Level 3 Certificate recognised by Ofqual which oversees the training and assessment of persons in inspecting and licensing animal activities businesses. If not held must demonstrate at least 1 years' experience in licensing and inspecting animal activities businesses and obtain the certificate by October 2021.
• Full current driving licence.
• Experience in managing / supervising a local authority licensing or other appropriate regulatory service.
• Extensive and current knowledge and understanding of law, practise and procedures relevant to local authority licensing functions. Combined with the ability to exercise sound professional judgement in its interpretation and implementation.
• Experience of successful multi partner working where negotiation and persuasion are demonstrated
• Experience of writing detailed reports and procedural documents
• Knowledge of wider environmental health activities which effect the licensing function e.g. noise, community safety etc.
• Self-motivated and able to manage workload over extended periods, producing accurate work within deadlines, often under pressure
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, able to interact with businesses, the general public, partner agencies, other Council officers and elected members
• Confident approach and ability to make clear decisions
• Good IT skills and experience in the use of data management systems and Microsoft Office packages including Excel and Word
• Ability to motivate staff and contribute towards effective team working
• Ability to carry out the physical demands of the role, including the use of equipment to undertake inspections
• Willingness to work evenings, nights and weekends as required
Please note that due to the high number of applications it's not always possible to provide detailed feedback to all candidates, please accept my apologies for this.