Who are we?
IQE is the world leader in the development and production of compound semiconductor materials. With a global high-tech manufacturing presence, the company is positioned for exceptional growth. The market for compound semiconductors is at an inflection point. The superior performance of these materials is resulting in expanding applications, driven by the roll out of 5G and proliferation of connected devices.
With 30 years of experience in these advanced materials, unique IP and know-how, an enviable market share, established supply chain relationships and having invested in significant relevant production capacity, IQE is uniquely placed to capitalise on this market growth in the coming years.
The Quality Engineer role is key to ensuring compliance across the 3 South Wales sites.
Working closely with the Quality Manager and other site Quality Reps on the development of the QMS as well as inputting into Group activities
Provides input into the creation of all QMS documentation and works closely with the Quality Manager to coordinate effort with other certification systems such as ISO14000 and 45000
Ensuring compliance to processes associated with the QMS such as Engineering Change, Document Management, etc.
This role is critical with regards to the progression of South Wales sites in their progression towards a world class QMS that fulfills the requirements of standards such as IATF & VDA6.3
• Deputy Management Representative for the South Wales Quality Manager
• Management and execution to schedule of all internal and external audit activities
• Coordinate the internal audit teams on site supporting all management systems
• Coordination of Document Control activities associated with the QMS
• Point of Contact for internal questions relating to the requirements of our QMS processes
• Working closely with the Quality Team on the execution and implementation of changes associated with internal and external problems
• Responsible for the management and eQMS system on site
• Coordinate the internal and customer KPI measures for the Quality Team
• Coach and mentor IQE Teams on structured problem solving, technical report presentation and 8D writing
• Act as deputy for Quality Manager
• Continually improve and develop IQE Quality Management System
• Complete other activities within the IQE organization as requested
• Provide contributions to the IQE Group Quality function
• Work with the L&D Team to establish online courses supporting the Quality Function
Qualifications/ Essential Skills
· Degree qualified in a technical discipline or experience in a technical manufacturing environment
· Good knowledge of ISO9000 and good knowledge of other certification standards such as IATF, ISO9100, ISO13485, VDA6.3 is essential
· Lead auditor qualified for ISO9000 / IATF
· Experienced problem solver in a technology / complex manufacturing environment
· Strong interpersonal skills, both for building internal and external relationships
· Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills
· Robust knowledge of core quality tools such as FMEA, Control Plans, MSA, SPC
· Ability to manage and oversee multiple projects with multiple stake holders
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; no "dropped balls"
Past experience in a similar role is advantageous